Sunday, July 31, 2011

FOR EVERY SADNESS THERE IS A HAPPINESS....JULY 31 2011

And for every happiness there is a sadness.  Life was not meant to be all joy, everything always going the way you want it to go, the road always smooth with nary a bump or pot-hole, the sky always blue with white clouds, the winds always soft breezes, the days always the right temperature.

Life is taking the sadness and learning from it, and how to overcome it.
Life is taking the happiness and cherishing it.

No road is ever smooth, straight, there are always twists and turns, bumps and pot holes (especially in Pennsylvania).  You learn how to go around them.

Many days are overcast, the sky gray and gloomy, perhaps with rain, or snow, or, or just plain nasty.  You remember, that there is always a better day ahead.
Many nights are stormy.  The other evening sitting on my deck just as daylight was fading, there was an amazing lightning display to the east of me.  There were storms somewhere, we jut got the lightning.


I watched for a good half hour, the scene constantly changing.  It makes you realize, we are not in control.

The breezes are not always soft, sometimes they howl and shake and rattle everything they touch, sometimes destroying whatever is in its path.  But the calm always returns, you clean up, pick up, re-build, and be grateful it wasn't any worse.

And the temperature, really miserable with humidity, makes you ache all over some days, tempers get short, life is miserable.  But the good days return, and you wonder why you got so up-set.

My favorite Bible scripture is Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3, Verses 1 thru 8. 

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew, a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate, a time of war and a time of peace.

My life has been a touch of all of these, I have lived and my time to die draws closer every day.  I have planted and harvested many gardens over my lifetime.

I have had my personal life "break down", and with God's help was able to build up.

I have had many many times to weep, with the loss of a loved one, a beloved pet, a friend,  but all these things have passed, and I go on, smiling when I can.

I'm not real good at the part, a time to keep silence, as I tend to open my mouth when perhaps I should not.

I have loved lightly, and loved deeply, but I can't honestly say that I have ever been aware of hating.  Dis-illusioned, yes, upset, yes, many times wondering why, but actual hate - I don't know.

I have laughed a lot, there is always something to laugh about.  In fact yesterday I received an e-mail from a friend, and would like to share it here.
I hope you enjoy this - you may have received it as an e-mail also, but if so, enjoy it again.

A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look
At TV commercials and see if they could use them in 20 ways
To communicate ideas about God.  

 God is like BAYER ASPIRIN, He works miracles.

God is like A FORD, He's got a better idea
God is like COKE, He's the  real thing.

God is like HALLMARK, He cares enough to send His  very best.

God is like TIDE He gets the stains out others leave behind.

God is like GENERAL ELECTRIC, He  brings good things to life.

God is like WAL-MART, He has everything.

God is like ALKA-SELTZER, Try Him, you'll like Him.

God is like SCOTCH TAPE, You can't see Him, but you know He's there.

God is like DELTA, He's ready when you are.

God is like ALLSTATE, You're in good hands with Him. 

God is like VO-5 Hair Spray; He holds through all kinds of weather.

God is like DIAL SOAP, Aren't you  glad you have Him?  Don't you wish everybody did?

God is like, The U.S. POST OFFICE, Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet nor ice will keep Him from His appointed destination.

God is like, Chevrolet. . . .the heart beat of America.

God is like, Maxwell House. .... Good to the very last drop.

God is like, B o u n t y . . . . He is the quicker picker upper. . Can handle the tough jobs.And He won't fall apart on you.

How many of you will look at commercials in a different way.  I know I will.
So life is many ups and downs, twists and turns, laughter and tears, but that is the way it is supposed to be. 

Before the day closed, the "kids" came to visit.  I watched them play for a good 20 minutes, they had gotten "away" from Mom and were using my front yard as their playground.  I'm sure Mom was just in the woods keeping an eye on her rambunctious kids.


So take each day as it comes, make the best of it, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment