Sunday, March 4, 2012

THE DAY AFTER THE DAY BEFORE....MARCH 04 2012.....

And I am tired.  I mean really tired. 

Thoroughly enjoy the high school play Grease last night.  Grandson Coleman (a senior) and granddaughter Shelby (a junior) were both in the play, it lasted until slightly after 10 p.m., was close to midnight when we finally got home.

By then, after such a full day, was too tired to unwind, so read for about an hour.  That always helps me to relax, and finally sometime after 1 a.m. I crashed.  Literally.

Poor dogs were bent out of shape as we weren't here at their bed-time (9 pm) when they go out, come in, go directly to their kennels without passing go, but they do get their doggie treats and they call it a night.

As  Jerry always says "they will survive", which they did very well, and were all waggly in the rear (that would be their tails) this morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed, and I am feeling my way around like it is the middle of the night.  Dumb dogs!!  Maybe dumb me?  Who knows.

Winter is back today.  Snowing.  Dumb weather.  This must be the month of dumbness.

My crocuses are blooming - dumb flowers.  Some of the trees are budding out - dumb trees.  And I am right in the middle of everything.  Dumb me.  But I think I already said that.

Anyway, back to the play.  It lasts 4 nights, last night was night 3.  Not only do the kids do the acting, they also help push the sets around, in the dark yet, so we audience sit around in the dark listening to them shoving things around.  Only the young!  I bought my mug (I have tried to get one at every play), gave it to Rebecca to put in her purse so I was hands-free to take the pics.  Guess what?  It is still in her purse.  I probably shouldn't use the word "dumb" again, should I?

Anyway am attaching 4 pics from the play last night, two of Shelby (even though she is younger, she is a girl and should be listed first) and two of Coleman.  Looking very handsome in his tux. Not that I like my grandkids or anything?






If Shelby is in the play next year, will be there again.  After that - no grandkids in school, no school plays. 

Well, better sign off and get ready for Church.  Don't get snowed in and God Bless.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment