Saturday, March 24, 2012

HOMEWARD BOUND...MARCH 24 2012.....

Wednesday, day three, breakfast was on the table at 8 a.m.  After saying goodbye to Emma (Ben was at work), Nancy and I hit the road for home, planning on a photo-shoot on the way.

We had a beautiful day for traveling.  It was also a great photo-shoot.   All in all we found 2 covered bridges, 4 mills, 2 neat barns and 2 mail pouch tobacco barns.  Had a little over 200 pictures upon arriving home, after editing and sorting, that kind of stuff, I have 147 in my digital album of our trip to Amish country.  Of that 147 I think there will be approximately 10 that will be added to the business. 




The first picture is of the Weaver Mill Covered Bridge, north of Goodville Pa.  The next two pictures are of the manicured lawn adjoining the bridge, and the neat old barn across the road.

Next will be Herr Mill built in 1760, located in Lampeter Pa.  Then we stopped at Historic Pool Forge, one of the buildings is below, along with the parking sign, there was also the Herr Mill Covered Bridge that I photographed.






Pool Forge was established in the 1700's, the building I am showing was the forge-masters home. 

While still in Amish country we stopped at the bulk store again - there were still a few items left in the store that Nancy needed.  We had lunch at an Amish diner.

Even with all our stopping and stuff, we were home just about 8 p.m. Wednesday evening, then came the fun of sorting, unloading, Nancy loading (she had left her car at our house) and heading for home.

Needless to say I had absolutely no get-up-and-go on Thursday.  Yesterday managed to get the second of my flower beds cleaned off.  Rain today, so I've been told, so am not planning on any outdoor work.

Seems as if I can sit here and actually see the leaves growing on the trees.  March has not been March-like at all.  I wonder what April will bring - will it be April showers, or April storms?  Only time will tell.  In the meantime, enjoy the weather and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment