Thursday, March 1, 2012

NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.....MARCH 01 2012......
Question - Do you know where this picture was taken.
Hint - it is within a 2-1/2 hour drive from West Alexander Pa.
That is correct.  How can we complain about the wind (which we have a lot of, but am still on top of my hill), the rain (which we haven't had as much of as some folks), and the snow (what snow?).

Looking at other parts of our country, we have absolutely nothing to complain about.  The latest hit was Branson Missouri.  Last year Joplin Missouri.  In fact my Church mission trip this year is to Joplin in April.  Will it be Branson next year?

We (my Church) can accommodate up to 20 folks on a mission trip.  Had more than 20 volunteers, not just from our Church, but the entire surrounding area.  What does that say about our community as a whole? 

Most of our local communities are just a fly-speck in the bigger picture, but, oh my!  What they can accomplish, with no fan-fare, beating of drums, TV cameras, look-at-us attitude.  They just step in and do what needs to be done.

How many of you out there are so privileged - yes it is definitely a privilege - to live in such a community?  How many of you out there wish you were here?

And today is March 1st.  The final month in the first quarter of the year.  Can anyone tell me what March is famous for?  January it is heralding in a brand new year.  February it is our famous groundhog giving his weather forecast.  And March is famous for ???  You guessed it, going back on to DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. 

Wish they would just leave the clock alone.  I have at least 12 - that's right - 12 clocks that need to be reset. And somehow in the resetting process each one has a different time showing.  I'll admit it may only be a minute or 2, but different.  And then there are the three clocks that chime the hour.  At three different times. 

No wonder my brain is fried.  I can't even keep my clocks the same and in some sort of order, let alone with my life.

Oooops.  Forgot about the clock in the car (cars). 

Well, have a hair appointment today, that Ihad marked on one calendar (in the kitchen) for Friday at 11 a.m. and marked on the calendar in the computer room for Thursday (today) at 11 a.m.  Had to make an early morning phone call to see just which day I was supposed to be there.  It is today.  So off I go.  Hope I
don't forget where I am going and what for.

Try to stay out of trouble, don't blow away, get drenched or get lost, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment