Monday, March 5, 2012

A LITTLE OF THIS.....MARCH 05 2012......



First, going to share some pics taken on the Sleepy Hollow trip last October

And then a little of that.  Just completed the Covered Bridge festival application, which is held in a local Washington County park - where there are, of course, 2 covered bridges.

Mingo Creek Park is a great place, especially for something like a festival.  The CB festival is held in 2 locations within the park, and several other locations outside the park, but where there are covered bridges.  I have been at the Ebenezer Bridge festival site for well over 20 years, look forward to this festival every year.

The other site in the park is the ball park above the Henry Covered Bridge.

This is the last application that I have been expecting.  It is going in the mail today.  And now the waiting game begins for real.  The first jury results are supposed to be released sometime in March, and, I believe the final ones will be released by the end of May. 

Will I get accepted?  Or rejected? Or ignored?  Who knows?  But this is the time of waiting.

About half of the festivals I apply for I am automatically accepted - after the first official jurying process, unless you change your format or some such thing, and they like your display, you are in.  There is a committee that visits all booths each year, just checking.  But if you pass muster, you can skip the jurying process the next year. 

So I automatically know each year when completing applications (still have to do that, and pay my fee/fees) I know that a good 50% of the festivals I enjoy doing I will be in.  This year I have applied for 2 new festivals.  If I get accepted in just one it will be a plus for me.  Time will tell.

I will be off line a couple of different times this month, as Nancy and I have places to go and things to do.  Will not clue you in yet, got to keep you wondering so you keep reading.  But should be interesting, and, of course, will have new pics to show.  Lucky you.  I will let you know the day before I go off line. 

And then March will be done, again.  Today it is cold, snowing, yucky.  By Thursday the temp is supposed to be 60 degrees. 

Looking forward to getting my Pampered Chef stuff and my Tastefully Simple stuff.  It is fun to be watching for those special packages, not that they are anything huge and fantastic, but something to look forward to, and use, and enjoy.  It was all for worthy causes, so I feel it was money well-spent.

Well, have things to do so better get going.  Drive safely if you are on the road, stay warm if indoors, and God Bless.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment