Thursday, March 29, 2012

WHEN THE PHONE RINGS.....MARCH 29 2012....


You answer automatically.  Sometimes the calls are mistakes, sometimes family, sometimes friends, sometimes business, sometimes pleasure.  Sometimes happy, sometimes sad.  Sometimes - surprises!

About 9 p.m.last night I got such a phone call.  It was from Ben.  Ben is the Amish gentleman that Nancy and I stayed with while in Amish country.  He and his wife were great, we really enjoyed ourselves.

When Nancy and I travel and stay with someone other than your standard hotels/motels, she especially, and I, try to have some small gift as a thank-you.  Since this was my first time staying with the Amish, I had no clue as to what would be appropriate.

The light-bulb came on while in their home.  I noticed they had magazines on an end table in their living room, typical magazines such as we would have.

So upon returning home I sent them Volume I of my IF ONLY I COULD TALK books.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it would be appropriate.

Ben just wanted to thank me for the book, he said he was really loving the stories, especially the ones told from the animals point of view.  He mentioned that animals were really a lot smarter than we give them credit for, and as soon as he finished the book he wants his wife Emma to read it.

He also said he would like to come to this part of the country and see our farm, and he had seen where I had 5 children (I have no clue where this came from) and that one as Andy and one Rebecca, and that they also had a son Andy and a daughter Rebecca.  All I can figure he must have had someone research me to see if I was legitimate or not.

While we were visiting, Nancy had invited them to come to Washington County and "we" could show them around and that they could "stay at Martha's house as she had a real nice place".  I haven't told bossman this little tidbit yet. 

So who knows?  Perhaps down the road I will be entertaining an Amish couple. 

As I said, when the phone rings you never know.

Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment