Friday, November 2, 2012

BACK ON MY

SOAP BOX, SORTA ... NOVEMBER 02 2012 ....

I don't usually do 'soap box'.   I normally have better sense.  This is definitely not one of my 'better sense' days.

Four days until election.  Phone never stops ringing wanting me to vote.  I vote.  I have voted since I was 21 - that was the legal age way back then.  Not sure what the legal age is today.  At least I know I am legal,  really really legal.

Four years ago when I voted, I did not vote for Obama.  I just didn't feel that the time was right.  Just my opinion.   But when the final votes were counted I could not help but feel proud.  Proud that the American people, given their history, were able to vote for, and elect, a Black President. 

Never, in my lifetime, did I ever imagine that we would freely elect a Black President.  America has come a long way.

Now it is 4 years later.  America has slid backwards for four years.  None of the election promises were kept.  My great grandkids will still be paying on our national debt, probably their kids and grandkids also.

Many fences with our allies have been broken.  It will be a long hard road to mend all these fences.  

The last four years of the presidency has been one unending party and vacation time.  The money spent on frivolousness is incalculable. 

Bet you never imagined that I knew some big words. They might not be real words, but sound pretty good to me.

Four days.  America is teetering on the precipice.  Will we fall, or will we recover?  It is up to you, the American people.  God willing we will do the right thing.

Think long and hard before you cast your vote.  Regardless of how you vote, just vote.  That i what America is all about. Tuesday night is going to be a very long night.  I just pray the result is the right one.  Vote, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment