Monday, November 5, 2012

FINALLY -

TOMORROW ... NOVEMBER 05 2012 ...

And just what is that all about.  It will be election day.  Maybe the political non-stop phone calls will cease.  Maybe not.  Seems there is always some kind of election coming up.  Me, I'm tired of elections, phone calls, name calling, mud-slinging, whatever.

The odd thing, though, much of the mud-slinging has been done by different organizations, not the candidates at all.  As if the candidates don't do enough, we have to have other - whatevers - butting in.  Reminds  me of when we were kids, and after a rain would see how much mud we could sling at each other.

But enough. 

Today must run errands, for me, for Bossman, and for the dogs.  And finish matting pictures for this coming weekend at Morgantown.  And get my last order into the post office to ship priority mail.  And make my menu for Thanksgiving. And clean up the house.  And - I could go on and on.

Oh, I forgot, have to run errands for the cat - he is running low on food.

Don't take this the wrong way.  I am thankful that I CAN run all these errands.  I guess that will be my Day 5 what I am thankful for. 

Working on a new picture.  Have done a small series on, what I call 'The Old Oak Tree'.

This tree grows along our driveway.  It is old.  It is beat up.  It has seen a lot.  It lost a major limb this past summer during one of our storms.  But still it stands there, leaning to one side to reach the sun. I call it determination.  No matter what nature hands to this tree, it still hangs in there, making the best of a bad situation. 

My Old Oak Tree can be an inspiration to all of us, that no matter how bad things seem, there is always something to look forward to, even if it is only leaning to one side to see the sun.

Look to the sun, the moon, the stars, the heavens, and let the beauty you see all around you refresh you and keep you going.  God Bless.  



No comments:

Post a Comment