Monday, November 26, 2012

THE MONDAY AFTER

AND THE FIRST DAY OF ... NOVEMBER 26 2012

Of what? You might be asking.  Of Deer season, of course.  What else.

The guys are all out somewhere standing around, looking sort of silly, waiting for some dumb deer to come walking by.

It is also Turkey Soup Day.  Like I haven't done any cooking the last few days. 

The home made turkey soup is made and ready.  And quite tasty, if I do say so myself.


The last batch of black bottom cupcakes just came out of the oven.  The lunch meat, cheese, buns, and condiments are in the fridge, just waiting to be laid out.   I am taking a well deserved break now. 

.................

Sorry for the interruption.  Mike ( you all know who Mike is - he lives on the hill across from me, and is my oldest son, and Andy, my second son who got in from Maine yesterday afternoon.

They both went hunting, and just now came in. Mike got a 10 point and Andy got an 8 point.  Talk about a couple of excited guys.  Mike is getting his mounted, Andy getting a plaque for the antlers from his.  They are both going to have the deer processed.  Andy brought a large cooler with him, just in case, and he will be set to take his meat home with him. 

One good thing, everyone that hunts here on the farm uses the meat, otherwise they don't hunt here.

...............

I know there will be at least two happy hunters eating soup and cupcakes.  Wonder what kind of hunting stories will be  bandied about during lunch..We always have lots to laugh about.

Guess my break is over.  Better get cracking and get the soup heating up, table set, etc etc etc.  Everyone, especially you hunters, stay safe and God bless.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment