Tuesday, November 6, 2012

FINALLY ---

THE DAY ... NOVEMBER 06 2012 ....

In just a little while I will get on my trusty broomstick and fly off to the polls. 

How lucky I am that I live in a country where I CAN vote without fear.  How lucky I can arrive on a broomstick and no body cares.  I might get funny looks, but it goes with the territory.

Enough for the funny stuff. 

This is going to be a rough election.  I pray that the right decision is made.  But that can only happen if everyone, and I do mean everyone, gets out and votes today, one way or another.

It is a beautiful day here.  Sunshine and very little wind, just a slight breeze.

Now for the fun part. 

You know we have two dogs, Samantha (Sam) and Coco.  If you have read my IF ONLY I COULD TALK books you have heard from Sam first-hand.  She is my trouble-maker.   Today was/is no exception.

Went to the vet yesterday for medication for the dogs.  Coco is the largest, so his dose was one large pill.  Sam is smaller so her dose was one and one-half smaller pill.

Bossman had told me that last time they ate the pills like candy.  So I figured today would be a breeze.  Yeah!   Right!

So here I go with the pills.  Coco grabbed his and had it down lickity-split.  Sam was a bit hesitant, but took hers.   I waited a bit then offered her the half pill.  Guess what.  She spit the whole pill out.  Wet but whole.  Before I could react Coco had grabbed and swallowed her pill. Sam took the half pill I offered, chewed it up and spit it out.

See what I mean about trouble-maker.  So on the phone with the vet.  Coco had a double dose and Sam had none.

Vets office just laughed.  They know Sam.  I was told Coco would be o.k., he could probably eat a whole package and it wouldn't hurt him.  I will be stopping by today to get another pill and a half for Sam.

Have already told Bossman he IS giving Sam her pill.  I resign.

I am really getting tired of being out-witted by a dog.

Enjoy your day, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment