Friday, November 23, 2012

THE DAY AFTER

THANKSGIVING ... NOVEMBER 23 2012 ......

If I could have ordered up a 'perfect' day, I could not have had a better day than we did yesterday

The house was full of family, eating, friends, eating, laughter, eating, watching football, eating, sitting around the fire in the fire pit and, oh yes, eating.

We were, and are, greatly blessed.

We demolished two deep-fried turkeys, half a baked ham, and all the stuff that goes with it.  I just barely have enough left-overs for supper tonight.

'Adopted son' John, a close friend of son Michael, even cleaned up the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher for me.  Then daughter Rebecca and granddaughter Shelby took over with the final clean-up.  All the stuff that did not go into the dishwasher.

I am not facing a mountain of dirty dishes this morning. 

So what are my projects for today.  Put away all the clean stuff.  Cook the two turkey carcases for broth to make my turkey noodle soup for the Monday hunters.  Get guest room ready for son Andy (who lives in Maine) who is driving down over the weekend to go hunting with the rest of the family. 

Get the Christmas tree out, and ready.  Crash.  Big time. 

What a wonderful way to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving in this manner.  So very much to be thankful for.

I was going to stop here, but a posting on face book caught my attention.  With nothing better to do...yeah, right....I thought I would share it with you.  Your laugh for the day.



If you are shopping, stay safe.  If you are home, you are the smart ones.  And a big THANK YOU for all the wonderful Thanksgiving posts on facebook.  Take care, be happy, be thankful, and God Bless.









No comments:

Post a Comment