Sunday, November 18, 2012

THIS

'N THAT ... NOVEMBER 18 2012 ....

Let's see - where do I start?

I guess the dogs.  Yesterday afternoon they were four legged zombies. Literally.Completely worn out.  Bossman said they had a ball, running through the underbrush, barking like crazy, ears flopping.

They weren't running and barking yesterday afternoon.  They were not moving yesterday afternoon.  Today they are much better, but not balls of fire yet.

What next?  I know,the Christmas tree.  I found my new one yesterday.   Have it at home, set up in the spare room.  Complete with lights. 

Will probably put it up next weekend.  I usually do the tree that weekend, so I can enjoy it for more than just a few days.  So will figure out where to put it, then put it, then decorate it with the ornaments I am keeping.  Hopefully it will look good.  Hopefully. 

This one is quite different.   It is long-needle compared to the short-needle I have had.  It is also very slightly frosted, which I did not have before.  Yes, it is quite different.

Steelers play tonight without Big Ben.  Wonder how that game will go. Of all the teams to play tonight, the Raiders are it.  I have really bad vibes about this game.  I may not be able to stay up and watch the entire game. 

Let's see, what else?  Oh yes, have to get my recipes organized for my Turkey Day meal.  Will do last minute shopping Monday, then clean house on Tuesday, the Wednesday spend the day preparing all the food that can be prepared in advance.

I'm tired already, and haven't even started the real work yet. 

We have an open door on the holidays, and year 'round so to speak.  Anyone we know of, or our family knows of, or our friends know of  that has no family close is always welcome at our table.  We never know for sure how many will be here for the holidays, and that is what makes all the preparation worth while.  

Well, better get moving.  Will be time to leave for Church before I know it.  Have a good day and God Bless. 




No comments:

Post a Comment