Thursday, August 4, 2011

ALWAYS REACHING...AUGUST 04 2011.............

You've all probably hear the saying "REACHING FOR THE STARS", I know I have. 

I have been reaching all my life.  I keep thinking that if I work a little harder, give a little more, laugh more than cry, I will get to where I am supposed to be.

But where am I supposed to be?  That is the question of the day.

I guess I am where I am supposed to be, otherwise what would I be doing?  I am busy all the time, have a great family, unbelievable friends (in every way), I get to do the things I enjoy doing, and I have folks to share with.  Would the stars be any better?  Somehow I don't think so.

I am beginning to think that "reaching for the stars" is actually being satisfied with your life, including all the ups and downs, good and bad, happy and sad, that this is actually our goal.  Not what if, should I have, but being satisfied with what is.  At that point in our life you have a handful of stars.

I am blessed.  Many times over.  I hope in some small way I am able to share my blessings with family, friends, people I meet.

Now for the important stuff.  Will spend most of today getting ready to leave for Zanesville first thing tomorrow morning.  Every year is a challenge.  What are folks going to be interested in this year.  It is always changing.  You are always trying to second guess what pictures will sell, what will sit.  And you are never right.  Well, maybe sometimes.

All my work is divided into the major categories.  Some years it is mostly one category, the next something entirely different. 

I am constantly taking pictures (I know you would never in a million years guessed this), but the majority of them never actually get into the business.  But I always have them available.  Just in case.

This is one of my oriental poppies in bloom this past spring. 

Right now can you guess what my most popular category is?  Lets see, covered bridges?  Lighthouses? Mail Pouch Barns? Landscapes?  Seascapes?

All wrong.  My most popular category at the present time is CHIHULY GLASS.

I will not go into details today, but this particular picture was part of the glass display at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh.  All the spires are hand-blown glass.

I have seen three of his exhibits, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Ohio and Phoenix Arizona.  All were fantastic, all were different. 

So right now this in  the IN stuff.  Next year, who knows.

Perhaps this explains why I take soooo mannnny pictures, of soooo mannnny things.

This is a Luna Moth, resting on one of my shrubs in my three tier flower bed. 

This moth was there for a couple of hours, then the next time I looked he had gone on his way.

But I have the picture, just in case.



This is another of my rainbow pictures as seen from my deck.

Again I have this picture, just in case.

Guess I'll sign off for now, lots to do before leaving early tomorrow morning.  I will not be blogging again until Monday.  Hope I have something interesting to talk about.  If not, guess I'll just have to make something up.

Have a good weekend and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment