Monday, August 29, 2011

SURPRISE!!!!!AUGUST 27 2011............................

And a surprise it was!!!!  Even though this is August 29th, the following was on August 27th.

We had a great week-end, it will take the rest of the week to tell you everything, there was NO best part, but there was the SURPRISE part.

Mike, Tammy, Nancy and I arrived in Cass within minutes of Bobbie and Tim's arrival.  (Bobbie and Tim are M&T's daughter and son-in-law).  We got our cottage key, checked in, unloaded luggage and baby stuff, great grand-daughter Haleigh is 10 mo old), divied up the rooms - Nancy and I grabbed the one closest to the bathroom (you know how old folks are - if not you soon will), made sure the TV worked.  All the really important stuff.

We were to board the train at 5 p.m. (it was now 3:30 p.m.) so Mike thought that he, Tammie, Nancy and I would wander downtown and scope everything out.  Bobbie, Tim and Haleigh would follow shortly, had to feed, change, etc etc baby Haleigh.  So off we went.

I am not going to go into details now about the trip, I will keep you hanging, but the evening train trip, complete with buffet dinner and blue-grass concert, was fantastic.  We had had beautiful weather until we were about half way up the mountain, when it began raining.  We reached Whittaker station, where we were supposed to have the buffet complete with concert in the outdoor pavilion and picnic area.  

Upon arrival they announced we would just  make a quick pit stop (rest room break), then return to Cass and have the dinner and concert in the Country Store restaurant.  Half way back down the mountain the rain stopped.  Go figure.  When we arrived back at Cass, it was dry.  Best laid plans!!!

We all entered the restaurant, food was fantastic, lots of it and really good.  The Allegheny Outbacks (the blue grass group) were wonderful.  We ate and listened, we were having so much fun when between songs the lead singer and/or announcer, asked if there was a "Martha" in the house. Of course all the kids are pointing at me.  they announced it was my birthday that day, they sang happy birthday, Tammie had a party party hat hidden in the stroller, and of course I had to wear it.

 Needless to say I was crying, speechless (a very rare rarity) surprised, you name it, I was 

(That is Tim and Haleigh on my right, friend Nancy on the left, trying to keep out of the picture.

What an evening!!!!

The concert was great, but as in all good things, it came to an end, and we returned to the cottage.  Tim and Bobbie were first in, Haleigh needed changed.  When I walked through the door there was a birthday cake, complete with candles

balloons, cards, the works.

I was completely over-whelmed.









Then the icing on the cake, so to speak, was when I arrived home last evening and checked my e-mail, It was entirely birthday wishes from all my friends on face book.  Thank you each and every one.  What a wonderful birthday weekend.

I did take over 200 pictures in the 2 days, will take a while to edit and title and arrange. 

All in all it was a wonderful weekend.  I wish everyone of you out there were as blessed as I am with friends and family, the thoughtfulness of said friends and family and the wonderful times we have together.

Have to sign off now, the dealership is picking up our mowing tractor in about an hour for repairs, or trade in, or whatever. 

Be grateful we were not in the path of the hurricane, pray for those that were, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment