Thursday, August 18, 2011

IT NEVER JUST SPRINKLES - IT POURS....AUGUST 18 2011

I told Jerry last night to make a very big sign to put at the end of our driveway reading DOUGHERTY's - THE HAPPEN'IN PLACE.  Needless to say he just looked at me in that strange way, wondering how long it would be before he could have me committed.  It would be just one more thing to keep the neighbor's head's shaking.

Why the sign?  Do you really want to know?  Guess I'll tell you anyway.

This is Thursday August 18.  Between now and Monday September 12 I just have a few things on my plate (calendar?) whatever.

No 1.  Between now and August 30 I have to get 3 pictures selected and framed, and choose 5 matted prints.  The reason - For quite a few years now I have participated in the Washington Co Historical Society's annual ART IN THE GARDEN exhibition and sale, held the first Sunday after Labor Day at the LeMoyne House gardens.  That would be Sunday august 11. Each invited artist is permitted to have said number of pictures, all for sale, and the Historical Society retains 30% of the sales.  It is their major fund raiser of the year.

This is one of the framed pictures I am submitting, "The Haunted Mansion". 

This is the porch of an 1800's mansion located in Woodsfield Ohio which now has the reputation of being haunted.

I know the place looks deserted and decrepit, paint peeling, gardens over-grown, etc.  You know the scenario.

No 2.  Friday August 19.  Going to a party  being held at one of my neighbors.

No 3.  Wednesday August 24.  Taking my van to dealership,- it has been recalled for a problem that needs to be fixed.

No 4.  Friday August 26.  Get spare room shoveled out as my friend Nancy (from Claysville) is spending the night.  Why? 

No 5.  Saturday August 27.  Because Mike, Tammie, granddaughter Bobbie, her husband Tim, Nancy and I are leaving verrrry early Saturday morning for Cass WV.  We are booked on the Saturday evening dinner train trip up to Whittaker Station in the WV mountains for a blue grass concert.  We have one of Cass's restored row house for the night.  That is one of my coming adventures I had mentioned.  We return Sunday afternoon.

No 6.  Now then I have just 4 days to accomplish the following: Prepare spare room / family room for guests.  Son Andy and wife Lauri arriving Friday Night September 2, staying until Sunday September 11, the same day as Art in the Garden.

No 7.  Monday September 5 friend Nancy spending the night with us as we will be leaving verrry early Tuesday morning for Niagara Falls.

No 8.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, September 6 - 7 - 8 Andy, Lauri, Nancy and I have reservations in Niagara Falls Canada for the three days.  This is my second adventure that I mentioned previously.

No. 9  Wednesday September 7 good friends from Nutrioso Arizona arriving for the night.

Do you see a conflict here?  We have 3 bedrooms, and the family room complete with futon.  Two bedrooms are already occupied, one by Jerry, one by me.  That leaves 1 bedroom, 1 family room, and three different sets of guests, over-lapping.  Of course two sets of these guests will be gone to N.F., set number 3 arrives while we are gone.  Jerry gets all the honors.  Hope he remembers to change the bedding in the spare room!  I will miss seeing Jim and Diane as it has been two years.  But as I said it never just sprinkles, it pours.

No 10 And in the middle of all this we are having big cook-out for family and friends on Sunday September 4 so everyone can get together with Andy and Lauri.

I am sure by the end of all this Jerry will have the straight-jacket open and ready for me.  But I love every minute of it.  Says a lot for my mentality, doesn't it.  But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

If you want to get involved with this nut-house, just c'mn on up on Sunday September 4 and join the cook-out.  Be sure you are in good health as it could be over-whelming. 

I wonder what will be next.  Have a good day and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment