Sunday, August 14, 2011

SOME MESSAGES ARE REALLY WORTH SHARING...AUGUST 14 2011.......

Sometimes when my mind is blank, like today, I happen across some little thing, and, how about that, it gives me something to talk about.

On yesterday's facebook page there was a "blurb" from a friend from my church.  After reading it I just had to share:

IN RESPONSE TO THE EMAILS ABOUT MY DOG: I am sick to death of receiving questions about my dog who mauled 6 illegals wearing Obama tee shirts, 4 Democrats wearing Pelosi tee shirts, 2 rappers, 10 PLAYDOM programmers, 5 phone operators who asked me to press #1 for English, 9 teenagers with pants hanging down past their cracks, 8 customer service desk people speaking in broken English, and 3 flag burners, . FOR THE LAST TIME...MY DOG IS NOT FOR SALE! :)

I would love to have a dog like that.  It seems the entire country has lost it completely.  What ever happened to the United States of America?  We certainly are not united, everyone is "entitled", spend spend spend, you name it, it is happening.  I am sure this was not in the game plan. 

Enough of that for now.  Don't get me started.  I WILL go on and on and on.

On a more funner note, the kids all arrived in Alaska safely on Thursday, fishing, Friday, Saturday and today, driving from Homer to Anchorage on Monday, getting to sight-see on the way, flying out of Anchorage about midnight Alaska time Monday, arriving in Pittsburgh about noon on Tuesday, our time.

They will be tired somebody's when they get home.  Wonder how much fish they will have with them this year?  Good eating down the road.

May in Salem Mass.

Got a lot accomplished Friday.   Was a good day to be working out.

Finished weeding my iris bed , looks a lot better.  I just can't believe how much yard work got shoved aside this year because of the weather.  Am so far behind I think I am first. 

Also got most of the yard mowed.  There is a little section yet that needs done, it will still be there when I get around to it.  All day yesterday it looked as if it were going to open up and rain any time, so played the waiting game.

The Steelers didn't do so well on Friday night, but they will improve.
Sailing ship Friendship Salem Mass

After all they only had one week of practice.  They played mostly their second, third and fourth string of players, all in all they did o.k. considering.

Hopefully it will be a different story when the "Real" season starts. 

Other than that nothing new or exciting happening on the home front.  I keep hoping Russ is having a good weekend at the Salt Fork Arts Festival.  I don't know what I miss the most, being at the festival, or visiting with Ted and Judy.  Today's weather forecast for this area is pretty bad.  I hope all the bad stuff moved through Cambridge last night, and that they will not have to tear down, and pack up in the rain.  That is the pits.  Especially when you have to bring home a wet tent, then set it up to dry out.  Been there, done that, don't want to do it anymore.
But it goes with the territory. 

Maybe by tomorrow I'll have something new, exciting, mind boggling, amazing, awesome, and wonderful to talk about.  But---don't hold your breath and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment