Sunday, August 21, 2011

PASSING THE TEST...YES or NO?...AUGUST 21 2011

It's not who is having a test, it is what.  The Futon had it's first test last night.  I don't know what the results are yet, so far this morning I haven't seen anyone, even tho we had a house full last night.  They were all up bright and early this morning and are somewhere out on the farm, doing, who knows what.  I know they are still here as the trucks are still parked in the driveway.  Otherwise, nada.

One of Jerry's friends, Steve who lives in Canonsburg, and his teen-age daughter Abby came yesterday morning.  Steve owns a second piece of property, here in West Alexander, a farm adjoining Jerry's farm on the south.  He and Abby were in and out all day yesterday, clearing the ATV paths through the farm, getting ready for hunting season.  You know, cutting up fallen trees, clearing the underbrush, mowing the tall grass?  weeds?  whatever.

Another member of his group, Homer, arrived early last evening.  Abby, of course because she is a girl, gets the spare room.  The guys camp in the family room.  Hence the first test of the futon.

We also have a 7 foot cot, which, I have been told, is very comfortable.  We got it for when my Maine grandson visits, he is 6'6" and a basketball player.  He needed something where he didn't hang over when sleeping.

My Maine grandson at his college graduation this past spring.  You can see he needs the extra leg-room, especially when trying to sleep.

You ought to see him fold him-self up to get into his car.  I always think we will need a can opener to get him out, but so far he has managed.  give him another 50 years.  Will be a different story.

Anyhow back to the gist of this blog. 

They spent the night, and disappeared.  I may or may not see them sometime today.  They all pretty much do their own thing. 

This picture is of Steve, Homer, and on the right Tim.  He was here last evening, but because he lives just over the hill, I didn't have to worry about finding him a place for him to sleep.  Thank goodness!

This picture was taken during rabbit season.  They hunt every chance they get, rabbit, squirrel, ground hogs, crows, deer, turkeys, any thing that is legal.  I would hate to think I had to bail them out of jail for something else.  In fact, I might just let them sit for a few days.

So here I am, playing the waiting game once again.  Did the futon pass the sleep test or not?  It is very very comfortable to sit on as a couch.  But as a bed - I am still waiting for the verdict to come in.

Until next time, enjoy the rest of your weekend and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment