Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A LITTLE OF THIS and A LITTLE OF THAT......AUGUST 03 2011....

Nothing earth-shattering today.  It is raining, and we sorely need the rain.  Did get the front yard mowed yesterday, back yard going to have to wait.

I believe I mentioned my visitor yesterday.  This red squirrel came loping across my front yard right into the mulch in front of my deck.  There must have been something in the mulch that he liked, as he sat there for quite a while, pawing through the mulch, then sitting up and eating something.  He was either desperate, or didn't have clue as to what he was doing.

As you can see these pics were taken before I mowed.  Also photographing through a window is not the best procedure, but then, it was through the window or not at all. 

This shows him after he came up with whatever goodie he found.

Here he had jumped up onto the deck and was eating away.

I originally though he was a red squirrel with the sun shining on him, but now have half-way decided he is a gray squirrel.  Perhaps he is a mixture.

Anyway he just stood there, or sat there, or whatever it was he was doing, and ate away, seemingly to really enjoy whatever it was.  As far as I know there is nothing there except the mulch. 

I guess that tasted good, so was time to look for something else.  This went on for at least 15-20 minutes, then off he went, back across the yard and down into the woods.

I am also going to share with you today an e-mail I received from a grandson and his wife in Arizona this week.  I hope you like it.  It makes you realize there are times when it is better to keep your mough shut.
MAXINE's 1 DAY EMPLOYMENT

My 1 day employment. 

So after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very unattractive, mean acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all through the entrance.

I said pleasantly, "Good Morning and welcome to Wal Mart.  Nice children you have there.  Are they twins?"

The ugly woman stopped yelling just long enough to say "Hell no.  They ain't twins.  The oldest one's 9 and the young one's 7.  Why the hell would you think they're twins?.  Are you blind or stupid?"

So I replied:

I"m neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe that anyone slept with you twice.  Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal Mart".

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

There are things you can think, and there are things you can say, and a lot of times you can't do both.  But how many times have we spoken without thinking, and wish we could take it back. 

I guess I'll wrap up today's blog with one  final picture.  Saw this blimp flying over the farm while mowing, got to the house and took the picture just before it disappeared over the trees.  I know it is probably too small to read the words, but on the side of the blimp was DIRECT TV.  How direct can you be?

Everyone have a good day, and if it is raining where you are enjoy the coolness and freshness the rain bring to the air and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment