Monday, August 22, 2011

AN EASY WEEK..at least for me..AUGUST 22 2011................

This week should be a breeze.  A good thing because I think my mind is fried.  It desperately needs a rest.  First I'll tell you about my week, then I will do something a little different.

My list is pretty short this week: 

Mat my last picture for Art in the Garden, then deliver the framed and matted pictures to Washington.

Mow the yard, both front and back.

Use up my last zucchini for zucchini bread.

Get an overnight bag packed for our Cass RR trip leaving Saturday morning.

Get spare room ready for Nancy for Friday night sleep-over.

Get stuff ready to take to the cottage we have rented for Saturday night.  They supply everything except food.  The only meal we have to worry bout is breakfast on Sunday morning.  Planning on taking instant coffee, tea bags, sugar, creamer, zucchini bread and home-made coffee cake ( I had made extra and put them in the freezer).  That should do us.

This week should be (tongue in cheek) a breeze. 


A little red squirrel watching over me.

Now for the something different.

For quite a long while now I have been compiling a series of - short stories, funny blurbs, interesting subjects, whatever - that I have received via e-mail over the years.  I am calling this series INTERNET CONNECTIONS.

I doubt that this series will ever become a book, but in the meantime I enjoy collecting them, and enjoy being able to go back and re-read a lot of them.  So here goes:

                                     A POINT IN YOUR LIFE

There comes a point in your life when you realize:  Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore.....And who always will.

So don't worry about people from your past.  There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

                                     I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Let me see if I understand all this:

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely....

If you cross into Mexico illegally you get 10 years in prison......

But if you cross the U. S. border illegally, you get a DRIVER's LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS AND FREE HEALTH CARE.

                   I GUESS IS TILL DON'T UNDERSTAND!

                           INNOCENCE IS PRICELESS!

One Sunday morning the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church, staring up at a large plaque.  It was covered with names and small American flags mounted on either side of it.  the six year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly:  "Good morning Alex".

"Good morning Pastor", he replied, still focused on the plaque.  "Pastor, what is this?"  The Pastor replied: "Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service".

Soberly they just stood together, staring at the large plaque.  Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible, and trembling with fear asked:

"WHICH SERVICE, THE 8:30 OR THE 10:30?

It is the little things, like these, that you never tire of reading.  Each time there is a lesson to be learned, a smile or a chuckle, possibly a tear. 

It is the little things, like these, that make up life.  So enjoy the little, and the big, things in your life, take nothing for granted, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment