Friday, August 12, 2011

FEELING LEFT BEHIND......AUGUST 12 2011..........

Have you ever had that "left behind" feeling?  Feeling sorry for yourself?  There they go, here I stay?  The left behind blues?

That's me and the dogs today.  the "left behind blues".

Sons Mike and Jerry, and Phoenix's Son-in-law and Grandson, were on their way, yesterday, to Alaska --- again --- to go fishing.  Not that I want to go fishing - that is not my thing - but just to be in Alaska again.  I believe that is the only place I have ever visited that I could go back time after time.

Pile on top of that that this is the week-end of the Salt Fork Arts Festival held in Cambridge, Ohio every year at this time.  Bummer!  I have done that festival for more years than I can count, have won several awards, ribbons, and, yes, cash, over the years.  Russ and Kay went yesterday to get set up, and then continued on to Ted and Judy's, our home away from home. 

I have been left behind not only once, but twice, this weekend. 

This is how I feel - all topsy-turvey and bent out of shape. 

No, you are not seeing things.  I found this tree in the spring while at Canyon de Chelly in Arizona while visiting the kids.  It just caught my fancy, but the picture when printed was pretty blah! 

Can't have blah!  So played around.  Decided on it being black and white, then decided to print it as a mirage.  Voila!  I got my topsy-turvey bent-out-of-shape tree.

But then there is always tomorrow.  And tomorrow, and tomorrow.  Hopefully lots of them.

I do have two adventures planned for the next few weeks - then Jerry will be left behind, just him and the dogs. 

Hopefully those two adventures will give me something to blog about.  Only time will tell.  I am not going to tell you what is planned, keep you guessing.

In the meantime I have printed up some of the new pictures I took over the past weekend, and have printed and matted the order I received at Y-bridge for a 16 x 20 picture, to be shipped to a couple in Zanesville, Ohio.  They saw the 11 x 14 I had with me, but wanted larger.

This is the picture they wanted of one of the exhibits at the Chihuly Glass display at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh a few years ago. 

In addition to that, I have mowing to do, flower beds to work on, whatever.  It is not like I will just be sitting here twiddling my thumbs looking stupid (well maybe I will have the stupid look, which seems to be normal), talking to the dogs (which is better than talking to myself), and touching base with friends and family.  And trying to decide what my next blog will be about.  (That's what happens when you have a blank mind).

If they guy's fishing trip goes well, will probably have another 100# or so of flash frozen fish fillets coming home with them.  We have gone through last year's fish, and are looking forward to a new supply.  There is absolutely NO comparison to the fish they bring home and the fish you buy in the store.

In the meantime, the dogs and I will muddle through.  Always have Tammie, Mike is her husband, to talk to, Kay and Tim on the next farm, neighbors down the hill, family here and there, and friends there and here.  Sometimes I just enjoy being by myself, eating whenever I feel like it, and eating the stuff that I like, but Jerry doesn't, so I only eat it when he is away.

So enjoy your day, the sun is shining, the humidity has moved on, life is good, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment