Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I FEEL ALMOST HUMAN TODAY...AUGUST 09 2011......


We were up at 6 a.m. on Saturday.  It had rained during the night, and of course we were wondering if the tent leaked, or did we stay dry.  We had our breakfast, and headed out.

Did I mention that when we stay with Ted and Judy, part of the time they move into their cabin/cottage back in the woods, where they would stay before they had their house built.  They give us door keys, and off they go.  We get together in the evenings, sometimes in the mornings.

Everything was fine.  The tent crew already had the sides off, all we had to do was uncover, put the covers away, and we were ready for business.  The festival opening was 10 a.m., but we had browsers as early as 8:30.  So much for relaxing before the  10 o'clock rush!

It was hot.  It was humid.  We drank so much water it is a wonder we didn't
float away, but all was well. 

 This was the scene on Friday when we were setting up.

We were half way across the bridge, on the right hand side, where we had a view of the old railroad bridge, and the paddle boat Lorena, which took folks on river cruises.

We had a good steady crowd all day.

The festival was scheduled to close on Saturday night at 9 p.m.  A long
day.  This was the Lorena making one of her trips. 

We had a good steady crowd all day.  They must have been as nutty as we are to be out in the heat and humidity.  We got our water free, they had to buy theirs. 

The lamppost was at sunset Saturday night.  One of my favorite pictures.

By then we were wondering how tear down and load up was going to proceed.  We were told by the folks in charge that at 8:30 we could begin packing up non-essential items, completing our packing up beginning at 9 p.m.  As soon as we were completely packed, come to the end of the bridge, tell them your space and tent number, then go to the parking lot and get your vehicle.

By the time I returned with my van and they jockeyed me in to place at the end of the bridge, and I walked back to my spot. there were 2 volunteers already loading my stuff onto the carts.  1 - 2 - 3 and they were done, then they took the carts to my van and even helped to load.    By 9:30 I was done.  Amazing!

I'd like to keep those two young fellows for all my festivals.

I returned to the parking lot (so another car could get into my spot) and waited there until Russ and Vicki were finished and joined me.  By that time we had lightning all around us, a constant light show.  We hadn't been on the road returning to Ted and Judy's any time at all when the sky opened up and it rained.  And rained.  And rained.  We were very glad we did not have to drive home that night.

We arrived safely, had our showers, had our mid-night snack, sat and talked until after mid-night, as we were spending part of Sunday with our friends, to have breakfast, and just enjoy each other.  So we were not in any great hurry to go to bed.  After all, we could sleep a little later in the morning.

Little did we know!!!

I will keep you guessing until tomorrow.  In the meantime have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment