Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ABOUT THE SAME AS YESTERDAY....OCTOBER 19 2011.....

Still running late.  Got bunches of stuff to do today.  And the forecast is for more rain, some heavy, and wind, lots of sustained wind, not gusts.  What else is new?

The 2 page flyer for the Wash. Co. Fairgrounds festival was in Sunday's paper.  The list of vendors and their locations are always in this flyer, and Russ and I both have our same spots as in prior years.  Also our neighbors are the same friends as in prior years.  Party time!

Rebecca's book has reached  No. 5 on the UK's best seller list.  You folks over there keep on buying - would be awesome if it hit No 1, even if for only a day.

She is also spending today getting her material for the two seminars she will be holding in Florida this weekend tweaked.  And packing.  And grocery shopping so the kids have plenty to eat while they are gone.   Then it is off to the airport way before daylight for Rebeca and Neal for their early morning flight.  While they are flying south I will be setting up at the fairgrounds for the festival.  Wish I could be two places at once, but haven't figured that angle out yet.

It has been announced that us on Social Security are scheduled for a pay increase in January.  First time in two years.  Won't know what to do with the extra $2.00 I will see after they take out for medicare.  Will have to go on a spending spree!  Lets see, what will I splurge on this year?



This was at the Florida Writer's conference a couple of years ago when Rebecca was conducting one of her seminars.  At last count she had just over 100 in the audience.  She had expected around 25. 

This next picture was taken outside of our hotel at Lake Mary, where the conference is actually held. 


It doesn't matter where you go, there is always something to take a picture of.  Now back to, where was I?  Oh yes, splurging and spending sprees.

 And speaking of spending, I checked my Christmas gift list - yes it is that time of year, again, and looks as if I have all my major shopping done except for the gift cards.  I start my shopping in January, as I see things I think someone would like I pick it up.  Biggest problem is when it is actually time to start gift wrapping, I start searching - where in the heck did I put this and that?  Talk about a scavenger hunt.

Also starting to scope out the turkeys.  We usually have turkey twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they are deep fried.  No other way to serve turkey.  Jerry does the honors, the meat just melts in your mouth, we get the largest turkey that our fryer will hold, there is never anything left over.

Am I rushing the seasons?  Nope.  They are rushing me.  I just celebrated the new year (going to bed at 10 p.m.) and it is looming on the horizon again. 

But enough of my rambling.  This is Wednesday.  Bible study at 10 a.m.  Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment