Sunday, October 9, 2011

ONE WAY TO KEEP ME FROM TALKING...OCTOBER 09 2011........

As I have probably mentioned, I seem to be an expert at opening my mouth.  Not going to happen today.  Not my choice.  But here it is.

Yesterday was a very busy day at Oglebayfest.  Big crowds, lots of sales, lots of talking, lots of answering questions.  I also had 15 on my list for breakfast at the Lodge this morning. 

Had a double recipe of chili with me yesterday in my crock pot, brought home about 1 cup or so.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I know I did.  Vicki brought dinner rolls, we had a ball.  Kay is bringing home made chicken noodle soup today.  All is right with the world.

Except for me and my mouth.  About 1:30 - 2:00 yesterday afternoon I began to lose my voice.  By the time we closed at 7 p.m., I had no voice at all.  I haven't had laryngitis for years and years.  Can't remember the last time.  But I sure couldn't talk at all last night.  When I got home Jerry thought it was grrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaattttttt!  Hooray! She can't talk.  I don't have to listen.  I told him ( in my just barely voice) that he had to go with me today and do the talking.  You should have seen the look I got...and the reply "You out of your cotton pickin' mind".  I guess that means NO.

I have had this cold trying to get a grip for about 10 days, and when it got nowhere I guess it decided to silence me.  Sure did a good job.  I am definitely silent.  Today should be quite interesting.  I better have lots of pens and paper with me - may have to do my talking the old fashioned way - writing.  I can talk, just barely above a whisper.  Hope it improves during the day.  No sore throat.  No cold.  Just no voice.

Well, have to get moving.  Need to be at the Lodge before 8 a.m., so we have time to eat, then go to the artist's market and get opened up for the day.  Hope we have as good a day today as yesterday.  Will know come 5 p.m. tonight, then the fun part of tearing down the display, loading the van, driving home, unloading the van, and crashing.

Have a great Sunday and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment