Saturday, October 15, 2011

WHEN I GOT UP THIS MORNING.....OCTOBER 15 2011......

I had no idea what I would blog about.  So went about my usual morning routine, orange juice and hot tea, then the computer stuff.  My computer routine is first e-mails, second checking checkbook balance, third facebook, and fourth my blog.  Today I hit the jackpot!!!  Not the checkbook, but stuff to blog about.

One of my blog followers - Sandy (who happens to be a dog and has his own blog SANDYSAYS) left a comment on yesterday's blog, which I also received as an e-mail telling me how much his human enjoyed yesterday's blog.  They live in Florida and don't have fall, just a change of greenery.  I feel bad for them, never getting to see the fall colors. 

 Receiving comments and e-mails is like finding the pot of gold.  
This picture is of the Delta Queen on one of her last trips up-river to Pittsburgh before she was retired. 

The second thing is about daughter Rebecca's book IN THE BRIEF ETERNAL SILENCE.  For the last few months it has consistently been in the top 20 sales of romantic mystery in the United Kingdom.  As of today it is number 10.

The path of life is very un-predictable.  Way back when, she had written her book, even had an agent, but was never able to get published.  She was also editing for other want-to-be authors, who were having the same problem of getting published.  One of them suggested she start her own publishing house.  She did.  He was the first book her brand-new publishing house released.  Her book was the second.  Today she has well over a dozen authors whose books her publishing house has released, with several more on the pending list for the remainder of this year, into next year.

She is also an invited speaker for the third year at the Florida Writers Guild annual seminar, and will be conducting classes on different aspects of writing.  Also this year there is a scheduled live radio inter-view pertaining to her as an author and owner of a publishing house. For the first 2 years I accompanied her, met and made friends with many up-coming, and established, authors.  I cannot go this year because of a schedule conflict, but Rebecca and husband Neal will be there.  And I know that once again she will return with new manuscripts to read, for possible publication.

I know that now she is getting ready to out-source the editing part, as that is the most time-consuming part of the publishing business, which will free her up for the more important things.  Way to go!

So as you can see, I got up this morning with nothing to say, and look what I have written.  Never say never. 

Life is a journey.  You never know where the path will lead.  If you did know, you probably would not have nerve enough to follow through.
So, enjoy your journey, do your best, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment