Friday, October 14, 2011

GUESS WHAT -- IT IS RAINING....OCTOBER 14 2011...........

Again!  Still!  Yet!

It was pretty nice yesterday morning and early afternoon.  After Bible Study (BS - not the bad BS but the good BS,  this for Kathy's benefit) I was able to complete cleaning off my flower beds getting them ready for winter.  The only thing remaining are my impatiens and a few other annuals that I plant every spring.  It is the middle of October and we have not had frost yet.  That never happens. 

There are times as early as mid-September that we have frost, kills all the pretty flowers, then turns warm and beautiful for several more weeks.  This year nada.  This entire year has been nada.  Nothing this year has been normal. 

Guess I had better revise that statement.  Nothing this year weather-wise has been normal.  Since I am never normal, being not normal is normal for me every year.  Don't you just love it?

But is is great to look out the window, or walk outside and see all the pretty colors.  The leaves are beautiful, but the sky is gray.  Since 3:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon - when the rain started again - we have had 2 inches of rain and still counting. 

I have said for years that fall is my favorite time of year.  I love the way the world prepares itself for it's winter nap.  Winter is the time of renewal, of gathering the strength, the snow blanketing everything, like a big woolly blanket giving all of nature a rest.  Then when spring arrives, wow!  Watch out! Every one and every thing comes alive, and spring has sprung. 

But for now, fall prep will soon be winter napping.

Enjoy the colors, even if it is raining, for soon they will be gone for another year.  In the meantime just look and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martha, Sandy here - The change of color brought by fall in your area is unknown in mine. My human tells me it's beautiful. He says there's a rainbow of colors that fall to earth in a cascade of fluttering movement. In SW Florida our only change is the shade of green. Late Fall brings a little more olive drab into the mix...that's pretty much it. I loved your way of describing the season and your thought about it, "I love the way the world prepares itself for it's winter nap." Oh, well, we're still in the ninties, and frost?...We might see a couple mornings of that in January.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete