Saturday, October 8, 2011

CONNECTIONS ..... OCTOBER 08 2011 .......................

Yesterday was a day of connections.  I connected with friends I have only seen a couple of times this year.  I connected with friends for the first time this year.  I connected with other vendors -all part of my vendor family. 

For Oglebayfest weekend, one of the highlights of the entire weekend is a group of us getting together and going to Wilson Lodge at Oglebay for their fall festival breakfast buffet.  It is a celebration of friendship, having a good weekend, and being together.  We laugh.  We talk.  And we eat.  Boy how we eat!

For some reason, darned if I know why, I seem to be the one that makes the list of who wants to come for breakfast.  Then I seem to be the one that makes the phone call to the lodge, making reservations for the breakfast.  I usually scope out our friends on Saturday morning, then make the phone call.

When I left last night to come home, I already had 7 on my list that I hadn't even started yet.  No one wants to be left out. 

At this rate I estimate between 15 and 20 for breakfast Sunday.  

As for the day yesterday, there were  lot of folks scoping out what was what, planing on returning Saturday and/or Sunday to do their real shopping.  Sales started out pretty slow, but by the end of the day, sales were better than expected.  And yess, I will see many of the same people all three days. 

When I got home last night made a big pot of home-made chili to take with me today, to feed all my neighbors lunch.  That is another thing that Kay and I like to do, sometimes it is Kay, other times it is me.  So today we will have chili for lunch.

Vicki always brings donuts.  The festival staff has coffee and donuts and water also for all vendors, no charge.  Also after the festival last night we were treated to a great "thank you for being here" supper in the Mansion House.   I was quite full and quite tired by the time I crashed last night, but it was a good day.  What more could you ask for?

Just getting everything organized to take with me today - chili, crackers, shredded cheese, bowls and spoons (the throw-away kind), and, of course, me.  Me is the most important thing of all.  Otherwise, no chili, no one to mind my booth, no one to help put the sides of the tent up and let them down tonight.  Makes me sound important anyway.  Dream on!
on!  Maybe I'll even see some of you there today.  Don't forget the parade is at 10 a.m.

Have a good weekend and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment