Tuesday, October 4, 2011

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY.......OCTOBER 04 2011.....................

I think I have forgotten what the sun looks like.  I really really hope the weather "forecasters" know what they are talking about for this coming weekend.  It is Oglebayfest weekend, one of my biggest shows of the year.  It is outside.  We need sunshine.

Seems like every time I turn around I hit a problem head-on.  I have a credit card machine.  I take credit cards for sales I have made at festivals.  I take down the info at the festival, then when I get home I in-put the info into the CC machine so that I get paid.  Works great.  Especially since the majority of my sales are paid by CC.  I have had a total of 2 checks this year, otherwise all sales are cash or credit.

My CC machine works by being connected to my phone line.  However we have had so many problems with our outdated, falling apart phone line, that we really had to go wireless.  Works great for telephone service.  Not at all with the CC machine.

One step forward, 13 steps backwards. 

Talked to my First Data rep, Jodi.  She has been great.  Working with her and folks on that end I now have my CC machine working through the Internet.  It took some doing.  They had to reprogram everything from their end for my account, then just this morning Jodi called and walked me through reprogramming on my end.  Then we ran a test credit card sale .. eureka, I am now back in business.

After Covered Bridge Festival I went to a neighbor's house to submit my CC sales using their phone line.  However they are now wireless also.  Scratch that neighbor.

My brain is definitely over-flowing, I just cannot keep absorbing new technology.  What ever happened to simple and easy? 

So much for that.  Right now things on an even keel, so thought I would share a few pictures with you taken on my trip to Smicksburg.

This picture, and the next one were taken at the Country Store area.  The sign on the fence reads WHAT HAPPENS IN THE OUTHOUSE STAYS IN THE OUTHOUSE.  So yes, this is a picture of an outhouse.

I actually have sold, and still sell, pictures of outhouses to folks decorating with the outhouse theme.  Obviously they never had to use one.

This is an old wagon wheel, and the pretty scenery around this country store.  The next picture is of a perfect fall scene taken at the Winery. 

You can see how wet it was, the pumpkins were so clean.  This last picture is of the grape-vines in their vineyard.  It is from these vines that they make their different wines.  I loved the Chocolate Covered Cherries wine.  I believe I did mention I brought a bottle home with me.  I am not real big on wine, but occasionally find one I really like.  This was one.

Water was standing everywhere, you had to watch where you walked or you were ankle-deep in water.  It always amazes me how straight their rows are.  I can't make a straight row in my garden, even with I put up stakes, and string cord.  Jerry just looks at my rows and shakes his head.  He keeps telling me to keep them straight, it is a real challenge to run the roto-tiller through my garden.  But somehow he manages. 

Well, enough rambling for today.  Keep your fingers crossed that the weekend will be nice weather-wise and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment