Thursday, January 5, 2012

AT LEAST IT's NOT SNOWING.....JANUARY 05 2012.....


And the wind is not blowing, and the temperature is at 32 - a regular heat wave.  Is it spring yet?

This is my slow time of year.  Translation:  my blogs will probably be boring.

What is there to write about.  Nothing happening.  Except for the weather.  Holidays over and done with.  Festivals for me don't start until May.  Hopefully will get some traveling in to break the monotony.

Kearneysville WV coming up a week from tomorrow.  Looking forward to that.  Hopefully will have some pics to share.

Then am looking at 2 bus trips (where I spend my Christmas money), one to Macon Georgia and the cherry blossom festival there in March, and one to Asheville NC to the Biltmore Estate and surrounding territory.  I can only do one, am waiting for Nancy to get back to me.  Then we will know what we are doing.

Also am spending some time each day "mapping" - not a mis-spell, it IS mapping, not napping. 

Am lining up some new festivals in new areas so I start researching what there is in the new areas to photograph.  Since Troy Ohio will be the first festival of the year, provided I get juried in, I have scoped out Champaign County, Miami County (where Troy is) and Clark County, they all adjoin each other.

I will leave a couple of days early when I go, and spend that time as a photo-shoot.  Hopefully will find lots of new interesting things to photograph.

If I do, there will probably be new interesting things to write about also.  Bet you can hardly wait!

Am attaching a couple of pics here - the American Queen when in Wheeling and the famous Wheeling Suspension Bridge.



Have a vet appointment this afternoon for Sam to get her staples removed.  I know she will be happy when they are gone.

Even tho things are slow now, I still have lots to look forward to.  Traveling, festivals, probably judging a photography show (which I have done for several years now), a wedding, and down the road there will be mowing (I may not mow this year as Jerry had to get a new mower ((I am supposedly the culprit)), and if I don't touch the new mower I can't break it).  Hope you can figure this one out.

I will still have the flowers, mulching, veggie garden and stuff. 

So had better close for now and get busy finding something to get busy at.  Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment