Monday, January 2, 2012

SHUTTING ONE DOOR - OPENING ANOTHER....JANUARY 02 2012....


The door has closed on 2011, one of the strangest years I can remember (that's a lot of years) and I can only wonder what 2012 will bring.

January is a very busy time for me, figuratively speaking.  I will spend most of this week closing out the 2011 business information, getting ready for - you are right - income tax time.  Got to keep the government happy.

It is also a time of preparation for 2012 business, deciding which festivals to apply for, ordering in supplies to get started creating inventory for 2012 said festivals, getting some idea of what trips I want to take - as almost every trip, whether one day, a weekend, or longer, turns into a photo shoot.  And, No, I cannot deduct the entire cost of the trip as a business expense.  A small percentage, that is it.  It is not all  a bed of roses.

As of this moment I have 4 festival applications on my desk awaiting my decision.  Three are new festivals I have never done before.  One an old stand-by that I always enjoy.

Also just found out I have a wedding to attend on July 6th.  Russ' youngest daughter getting married.  Can't miss that, I have known Jessica since before she was born. 

Our friendly pheasant visited again yesterday.  I guess he/she likes it here. 

January has started out gloomy.  Cloudy most of yesterday, and wind gusts over 50 miles an hour all day.  Today is cold, - 20 degrees -, still windy, but not like yesterday, and snow flurries.  Guess winter is here, like it or not.

Steelers won, but so did Baltimore.  Just can't get rid of them Ravens.  Should be an interesting play-off season.

Going to attach a couple of pictures from San Diego. The first is Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island, and the other is one of the water-front sculptures, which were amazing. 



Guess I had better close out for now.  Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's eve, New Year's day, and are now ready to face the brand new year with brand new enthusiasm, just raring to go and succeed in bu cu  accomplishments in the New Year.  

Stay warm, read a good book, watch a good movie, embrace the New Year with a fresh out-look, happy heart, and God's blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment