Monday, January 9, 2012

THE END...JANUARY 09 2012...         


Of the game, of the season, of the living room decorations.  Unbelievable ending to a poorly played football game.  The Steelers have been setting all sorts of records, but I'll just bet that they set the record for the fastest over-time playoff game ever.

If you blinked you missed the ending.  Unbelievable. 

Maybe by next season (7 months away) we will have a healthy team.  Not holding my breath though.

This morning hitting the post office to mail the book order (Priority Mail), then off to get the salt and stuff washed off the van.  Right now looks like it lives at the house of Nightmare on Elm Street.  Pretty bad.

Then this afternoon will be gather up all the steeler stuff and put it away for another year.  My living room will look bare for a few days, then I will really enjoy having it back to normal.  Whatever normal is.

I guess you can't have a normal living room if the folks living in it are not normal, and we definitely are not your typical normal, every-day, all put together, bunch.   If nothing else you have learned that from my blog.  

Hard to believe that in February it will be a year since I started blogging.  Which means I am another year older.  Which means my memory is another year less, and the body another year even lesser.  It is a very good thing I don't belong to a nudist colony.  Even they wouldn't be able to stand me and I would be expelled.

I look at my picture taken in the 20's - my 20's not the 1920's - and look at me now and wonder how this can be the same person.  I looked pretty normal back then.  Not that I don't look normal now, I just look old normal.

But I can't complain. I feel good, I am busy doing all the things I love to do, I am slower, but that really doesn't matter, my friends are many, my faith is strong, my family puts up with me and watches out for me, what on earth more could one ask for?

One little funny...yesterday told Mike about my list of things to photograph over this coming weekend.  When I told him about the castle, he just looked at me a minute then told me that one time when he and Tammie were down that way Tammie said she thought she saw a castle up on the hill, and he told her she was seeing things.  Hopefully I will have the picture to back her up.

Am attaching three pictures here that I took this year - of all things - castles. Mac-o-Chee Castle in Ohio, Sunnyside and Lyndhurst Castles in New York. 





Better lock it up for now, head out on my errands, and do what I have to do today.  Have a wonderful Monday (if that is possible) and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment