Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RUNNING LATE and OLDER THAN DIRT...JANUARY 17 2012....


Sorry I'm running late today.  Had an early morning eye appointment - annual checkup - as my eyes haven't changed since cataract surgery 5 years ago.  Everything is the same, but got a new RX because I want new frames.  Been wearing these same old, plain, granny-type glasses for 5 years.  Since I am getting younger I wanted something younger.  Will have them in 2 weeks or less.  Can hardly wait.  Sure doesn't take much to get me excited, does it?

Came home, ate lunch, sat down at the computer, pics aren't edited yet, what to talk about besides new glasses.  So decided to check e-mails first.  Now have something to talk about sent to me by my sister Ruth.  Perfect, especially since I am replacing my granny glasses.

The title of the e-mail was OLDER THAN DIRT.

How many do you remember?Head lights dimmer switches on the floor.
Ignition switches on the dashboard.
Pant leg clips for bicycles without chain guards.
Soldering irons you heat on a gas burner.
Using hand signals for cars without turn signals..

Older Than Dirt Quiz :
Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about
Ratings at the bottom.


1.Candy cigarettes
2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles
4. Party lines on the telephone
5.Newsreels before the movie
6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels [if you were fortunate])
7.Peashooters
8. Howdy Doody
9. 45 RPM records
10.Hi-fi's
11. Metal ice trays with lever
12. Blue flashbulb
13.Cork popguns
14. Studebakers
15. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered11-15 =You're older than dirt!

I wonder how old older than dirt is?  I guess I fall into that category, so it just reinforces my thought process that I am due for younger, sexy-looking eye glasses.

After you are done rolling around on the floor, laughing until you hurt, can't get up scenario, count your blessings and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment