Wednesday, January 4, 2012

IS THIS JANUARY - OR MARCH....JANUARY 04 2012...


This month has come in like a lion - a big time lion.  Single digit temps, icy roads, snow creating whiteout conditions, accidents, the 40 minute drive from Pittsburgh last night for Jerry took over 2 hours. 

I thought March was the lion or lamb month.  If this is how January starts, I am afraid to think of March.  It will be either one monster of a lion, and a beautiful little lamb. 

I am not ready, to not want to go, anywhere because of the weather, but I am at that point.  I don't plan on leaving my hill top until the predicted moderation comes and the snow goes.  I had to run errands yesterday morning, part of the time couldn't even seen where I was going.  Made it home o.k., but not going out again until.............

Followed taillights on the interstate, if they decided to exit, I would still be following.  Maybe I would end up at their home -   "Hi, I'm just following you because I can't see anything else but your tail lights".

It is still 19 degrees outside, but no wind blowing, no snow snowing, so doesn't feel  all that bad.  Will check my driveway in a short time and if I think I can make it back up the hill, no problem going down, just like skiing, except in a car, but coming back up can be really tricky.  Steep drive way 4/10 of a mile long with 4 - yes I said 4 - very sharp turns.  In railroad lingo they would be called "switch-backs".  Impossible to keep up momentum.  So if not sure, I stay home.

Been scoping out things to photograph when going to Kearneysville in a couple of weeks.  Have located info about a Castle, a Mill, and a Mail Pouch Barn. Now just have to persuade son Michael to be in a good frame of mind to take these detours.  Tammie has never seen a real castle, so she will help with the arm twisting.

How do you like this Christmas tin?  Jerry received this for Christmas full of popcorn.  Will take him at least a year to eat it all.

Why am I showing you this?  BECAUSE....BEWARE....BE PREPARED... for someone out there will be receiving their Christmas gift in this next year.  Only hint I am giving IT WILL NOT BE POPCORN.  The tn is 15 inches high and 12 inches in diameter.  Jerry wants to throw it away.  I said no way. 

Maybe your present will be a gift card.  Maybe something larger.  But it will be in the Christmas Tin.  Do you want to take bets on who the lucky recipient will be?  Be my guest.

So with that lingering thought, will check my driveway, and if I think I can get back up will leave for Bible Study.  If not, will stay home.  If no blog tomorrow, I am still stuck at the bottom of the hill.  Have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment