Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NON-SURPRISES and SURPRISES.....JANUARY 11 2012....


First - the non-surprise.  My last two grand kids that are still in high school were both on the honor roll -- again.  This has been very consistent, grade period after grade period.  Congrats to both of them!

Now for the surprises.  Maybe some won't consider these as surprises, but I do.  For some unknown reason.  Guess it is just the way my mind works.  That is, if I have a mind.  There are some out there that would question that.

But back to the gist .. whatever gist is.  Just something I heard sometime in some sort of context or another, and thought, I would have to try that on for size sometime.  So here we are.  Gist. 

The dictionary describes gist as:  substance, essence or significance. Hope this helps you, doesn't help me, but then, according to family, I am beyond help. 

I received two new applications for art shows yesterday.  These are shows I have never participated in, hadn't really thought about them, and they are both requesting that I apply.

Now that means one of two things - one, they absolutely love my work, or two, they are desperate for new and/or more vendors.  I like the first idea best, but figure is is really number two.

Russ and I are supposed to get together this week re festivals and applications, and we will decide together what we are and are not going to do, or at least apply for, and we only apply because we are hoping to get juried in. 

I start a new folder in my picture file every January, called JURYING PICTURES.  Then I go through my work, choosing 5 - 6 of, what I think, are the best of my new work.  Why do I have a JP file?  Because without it, I would probably send the same pics for jurying every year, and they definitely DO NOT LIKE THAT.

The jurors want to see new stuff every year.  So I have to have new stuff to submit.  To keep them happy.  And if selected it keeps me happy.

Sometimes the jurors change from year to year, sometimes not.  I have no way of knowing, hence the new stuff.  So hopefully after our get-together Russ and I will have some sort of game plan in mind.  Hope he remembers the game plan, because my remembering is trying to remember something I forgot, and when I do remember it, I wonder why.

At least, to date, I have remembered to write my blog before submitting it, and remember to submit when finished. Sometimes the computer argues with me, but I usually succeed, sometime during the day.

And so with all thie profound (dictionary: scholarly, fathomless, bottomless - I prefer the scholarly) information at your fingertips I will leave you to try to figure out just exactly what it is I am trying to say today. 


This is one of my bottomless - fathomless new pictures.  See, I am doing exactly what the dictionary says - does that mean I am scholarly for real?


Good luck and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment