Saturday, January 28, 2012

LET'S HAVE A STYLE SHOW....JANUARY 28 2012......


That is what is on the agenda for today.  And just why is that?  Should I keep you guessing, or should I tell you why?

It's kinda like this.  I have a friend.  This friend has a daughter, slightly younger than my daughter, who shall remain nameless.  They are  the same size. My daughter's daughter is close to the same size as my daughter, who is close to the same size as my friend's daughter.  Confused yet?  

So the first daughter (of friend) is not married, has a good job with a major accounting firm, and buys lots of clothes.  Which she replaces regularly (like maybe every day?)  So the discards, so to speak, go to my friend, who is retired and like me never wears anything out, so what will she do with all this stuff. 

LIGHT BULB!  Let's pass it on to Martha who can pass it on to her daughter and granddaughter. So guess what?  

Right now my family room looks like a rummage sale - I did take everything (almost) out of the bags (there were 15 of them), different sizes (the bags not the clothes) and have them laid out in piles - pile after pile after pile.

Since my daughter will be here later this morning I made a pot of Stuffed Pepper soup yesterday for our lunch today.  I know it is good because I sampled it for my supper last night.

After lunch we will head for the family room and the fun will begin.  Once she has everything she thinks they (daughter and graddaughter) can use, the rest will be re-bagged and passed on.  Usually we donate to charity that runs clothes closets.  


This clothing exchange happens about 4 times a year, spring, summer, fall, and winter.  This is the winter exchange - lots of sweaters, jackets, slacks, jeans, the sort of stuff you wear in the winter.  From the looks my friend's daughter has an entirely new winter wardrobe.  

Oh! to be young again, have a good job, single, and replace your wardrobe 4 times a year.  Then there are people like me and my friend, old, no job, been married (we're both widows) and are wearing the same clothes we have had for the last decade or two.  At least you know we have not gained a ton of weight.  Maybe just a little.

And so, later today the style show will begin.  We have fun, and when we look at some of the stuff we wonder "where on earth would you wear that?"  Maybe that is why it is in the discard pile to begin with.

If you want to be involved, come on down, as they say on Price is Right, you are the next contestant and the first item is a pair of ..........

Have a good day and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment