Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WHY?......JANUARY 31 2012.............

That is the question of the day.


Why did it take three months of non-customer service to get my refrigerator, that they would "fix" and it would stop working the next day, to finally convince them to replace said fridge?

Why did it take 6 weeks for a book order to arrive (I think they wanted the book for a Christmas Gift, the order was mailed November 26, I believe was the date) and it did not arrive until six weeks later.  Not mailed from China, or Russia or some such place.  Mailed from Columbus, Ohio, a 2-1/2 hour drive from here.  6 WEEKS!!!!!

Why does the Customer Service Department (I no longer believe there is such a thing as "customer service") of our local newspaper - first when a family member's newspaper subscription was up, refused to take her credit card number for a one year (year, not week) renewal, telling her to pay the delivery person. 

After several weeks of haggling, they finally discontinued delivery for "non-payment".   More phone calls, they finally decided they would take her payment and start delivery the next day.  Not only did she have to make the year's payment, she also, voluntarily I might add, paid the amount due for papers delivered after the expiration date of the subscription. 

As of yesterday she still was not receiving her paper, but they had her money.

I do on-line banking.  Yesterday I received 5 e-mails from said bank informing me that they were cancelling the 5 payments I had scheduled previously  for payments due on February 03, February 08, February 13, and February 14.  Phone Call!!!

I was assured yesterday that the problem would be resolved by 4:00 p.m.  Not to worry.  It is now 9:35 a.m. the next day.  Still no access to bill payment.  Telephone call.  They were having problems with a few of their customer's accounts, it would be corrected shortly.  They didn't say how long "shortly" would be.  Another day?  A week?  A month? 
You know what happens if a payment is late.  YOU, NOT THE BANK, gets penalized.  One is my home telephone. No payment no phone.  Another is my cell phone.  Again no payment no phone.  Guess they figure that with no phone  I can't call and complain, which I have done two days in a row now.  Tomorrow is February 1st!!!!!!! 

I did inform the customer service person that if the problem was not fixed TODAY, I expected someone from said bank to hand deliver the payments to the two phone companies by FEBRUARY 2nd - the due date, so my phones would not be disconnected, or blocked, or whatever it is they do to stop your phone service.

So today I am supposed to sit in my house, beside my phone, so I can receive the call from the bank informing me that my banking was back in order.  Like I don't have anything else to do but sit in my house beside my phone.

I certainly hope your day is going to be better than mine.  First me and the fridge.  Second daughter and the paper.  Third me and the bank.  Fourth daughter and.............

I think if that happens she will dis-own me.  Can't say as how I would blame her. 

Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment