Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEW YEAR's EVE MORNING....DECEMBER 31 2011....

Another year gone.  Am I another year wiser.  How do you tell.  Maybe by just surviving I have to be a little wiser.

A new year upon us.  Do I make New Year's resolutions?  I used to, never followed through so decided it was a waste of time. 

The only resolution I make now is that......I do the best I can each and every day and not to worry about what might have been, what should have been, what was, or what is coming.  Every day will take care of itself in it's own way.

So what am I going to do today, the end of a very busy, hectic, strange year.  Not a whole lot. 

I have two festival applications on my desk right now that I have to decide (they are both new festivals I have not done in the past) whether to take the chance and apply for them.

One is the Troy Ohio Strawberry festival in June and the other the Bob Evans Farm Festival in October.  If I apply for, and am accepted, at the Bob Evans festival, that means I will be booked for every weekend in October.  Do I want to do that? 

The Strawberry festival in June would be good, as I only have one other festival scheduled for June, it is a good fun weekend in Granville Ohio.
there again If I apply I have to wait until the jurying is completed and see if I have been accepted.  Seems I, and a lot of other folks, spend the biggest part of their lives playing the waiting game.

Just two weeks from today is when Mike, Tammie and I leave for Kearneysville West Virginia to have our Christmas exchange with granddaughter Bobbie, her husband Tim and great granddaughter Heyleigh.  They spent Christmas with Tim's parents in Georgia.  But they were here for Thanksgiving with us.  Turn about fair play. 

I have never attended, but am always amazed at the New Year's Eve celebration in Pittsburgh.  It is an indoor-outdoor family oriented celebration, complete with fireworks.  There are several blocks of downtown cordoned off, and there are stages with music, entertainment, children's activities, Christmas lights Ice Skating, and stuff, starts at 6 p.m. thru midnight, when the Pittsburgh 2012 ball rises instead of falling.  It is a really unique celebration, and the crowds are there, regardless of the weather.  Pittsburgh actually has a lot to offer, especially for families.

Friends, family and I used to go out for New Year's eve.  Then as Tom and I got wiser (most folks would say we got older) we began going out early in the evening and going somewhere special to eat, usually a more up-scale restaurant, one that we would not normally attend and have a scrumptious dinner, maybe take in a movie, but be home and off the roads before the craziness hit.  I miss that.

Since Tom's passing I'm usually in bed before midnight.  There are places I could go, friends I could be with, but I just don't like the thought of being on the highway late at night on New Year's Eve.  Not a good place to be, too many crazies out there. 

Tomorrow I will be off line.  But I will return on January 2nd, Good Lord willing, and maybe by then I will think of something to write about. 

I may change my password so Sam doesn't access the computer tomorrow. 

Before I close I am attaching three pictures I took in 2010 when Vicki and I were in San Diego prior to our cruise to Hawaii.  This was during the San Diego Little Italy celebration.  Their celebration was like Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but not on that big a scale.  It was a fun night.  Even the animals were involved.




And so in closing another chapter in your, and my life, another year, remember the good times, don't dwell on the bad times, you can't change a thing.   Look forward to a brand new year, with new doors opening, don't be afraid to step through, live your life to the fullest and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment