Saturday, December 17, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS AFTER ALL....DECEMBER 17 2011......


Received word this morning - books have been shipped.  Arrival date Tuesday.  Will have them for Christmas!  The ones I have to ship, will ship priority mail, so they should arrive by Saturday.

I can leave my fingernails alone and start breathing again.

Sorry Santa, will be at Church Christmas Eve instead of tagging along with you.  I know you will be deeply disappointed, but......

Now for a complete change of pace.

As of today I have 4 festivals applied for, two I am automatically juried into each year, two I have to wait for the jury results.  Have 2 additional application information forms on my desk waiting for a decision as to whether or not I want to apply.  And this year hasn't even ended yet.

December and January are the main months for receipt of applications.  Usually by the end of March (when most jury results are in) I have my schedule for the year finalized.  Now, hope there will be no conflicts with Jerry's work. 

The down-side of this scenario is - all the jury fees, and some of the entry fees - are due with the applications.  Show season ended in November.  Christmas shopping wiped out all profits.  More juggling. 

Luckily with the juried festivals, only the jurying fee is needed with the application.  Once you are accepted, then the entry fee is due.  Gives time to put some aside. 

Now for a complete change of pace.  What is it they say, that a woman has the right to change her mind.  Does that cover pace also?

While sitting at the computer earlier this week, one of the days when we actually had sunshine, I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.  Upon looking out the window sat this beautiful pheasant just moseying along, looking important.  Of course grabbed the camera.  Just barely got one shot off before he disappeared.



We have never had pheasants on the farm since we moved here 7 years ago.  This fall Jerry bought pheasants and quail and brought them to the farm , hoping to get them re-populated. 

Pheasants have been spotted several times since, I have seen them twice, but to date no quail have been seen.  They either decided they did not like their new residence and left, or are awfully good at staying hidden.  Hoping, come spring, we see signs of both pheasants and quail.

Well, have to get off of here.  Going to make chocolate chip cookies for Jerry today.  That is just about the only kind of cookie he likes.  So being the GREAT Mom that I am, I will make him his cookies. 

If you believe that one I have lots more to tell you.  In the meantime, enjoy the day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment