Wednesday, December 28, 2011

NOW I'M A JUGGLER....DECEMBER 28 2011....


As if I don't already wear enough hats.  Have just added one more. Juggling.  Not Balls.  Not Bowling Pins.  Not Eggs.  DOGS......

This is the day Samantha is scheduled for her surgery.  Background......

Sam is the oldest, by 2 weeks.  She came from a litter in West Alexander.  Coca born 2 weeks later, he came from a litter up north somewhere.

They have been together ever since Jerry picked them upas 6 week old puppies.  You will find them laying somewhere, back to back, or one using the other for a pillow.

During the day when they decide to go into their indoor kennels, they will sleep in each others.  It is good for Sam, because Coco is much larger and his kennel is much larger.  Not so good the other way around, Sam's kennel is much smaller.  Coco is kind of cramped.  Why do they do this?  Darned if I  know.

They eat side by side, sit and beg side by side, play outside in their outside kennel, hunt the bunnies, always together. 

Sam was to have nothing to eat or drink after mid-night last night.  Now what do I do.  When they get up in the morning, they go outside, when they come in they get their morning 1/4 can of dog food in addition to their ever-full bowl of dry dog food.

So how do I feed Coco and not Sam?  I juggle.

I let them both in, grab Coco by the collar and shoo Sam downstairs to the family room.  Shut the door really fast before she gets through it or Coco gets through it.  Now she wants back upstairs.  Coco wants downstairs.  I feed Coco.  He gets 1/2 a can this morning.  Don't have time to fool with this quarter stuff. 

Now I have to get downstairs without Coco beating me through the door.  I made it.  Am I good or what. 

The rest is easy.  The garage opens off the family room, so on goes the leash, into the garage and into the van.  By the way, she has to sit on the front seat, shotgun, as the remainder of the van is packed to the top. 

The reason for this is Jerry and I have been down-sizing, getting rid of what we are not using, and we tackled the storage room, which is also off the family room, this week. 

Game Plan - drop Sam off at the Vet (8 a.m.), go on to Washington, make a stop at the bank, then on to City Mission, where we donate what we can no longer use.  Also it is where I take all our papers, unwanted mail, magazines, boxes, etc., for recycling.  

Of course Christmas was just past, we had a ton of boxes, wrapping paper, stuff and more stuff.  Hence, the Van just barely had room for Sam and me up front.

Sam is at the Vet's now, probably undergoing her surgery.  The van load of stuff is in Washington and I am home - as you have probably figured out since I am at my computer.

The vet's office will call me about noon, letting me know how the surgery went and telling me when I can go pick her up. 

Worst part is - I am really really in the dog house here right now.  Coco is really really upset as I did not bring Sam back with me.  He whines, he fusses, he looks, he stares at me, and we start all over again.  He makes me feel really really guilty.  He paces, he checks both kennels, he checks Jerry's room - that is where they usually sleep at night, unless he is away then they stay in their kennels all night, or like last night so Jerry could sneak out this morning and leave me to deal with the dogs.  Lucky me.

And so I sit here, and wait for a phone call, try to ignore Coco, does any one have ear plugs?  He just keeps fussing, making me feel guiltier each moment. 

Otherwise my day is going just fine.  Right!

I hope you are faring better than I am right now.  It is amazing how fast your dog can put you on a huge guilt trip.  It is all my fault!

I know when Sam comes home she will be examined from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail.  Making sure she is all there. 

So have a good day, stay warm, think of Sam, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment