Saturday, December 24, 2011

YELLOWSTONE IN WINTER...PART 2....DECEMBER 24 2011

Our second day there we did the walking tour of the geyser basin.  Starting at Old Faithful, we walked in the snow (trails had been broken) stopping at the different geysers and learning the history behind each one.  What an awesome day.  That evening those that wanted could take a moon-light tour of the park - there was a full moon - but I passed.  the walking and the cold done me in and I was ready to call it a day.
This was Old Faithful.  the next picture is of one of the geysers in the upper geyser basin.

Our next day we toured a large portion of the park in our snow coaches, making frequent stops to get out, stretch, take pictures, whatever.  Our last night in the Lodge.

Next day we boarded the snow coaches and drove to West Yellowstone, where we disembarked.  We also had a tour in West Yellowstone seeing the elk, that had come down from the highlands for winter.  Spending the night there, we returned to Salt Lake City, spent the night and returned home.  What an awesome trip.  I would do it again.

This is one of the Yellowstone wolves that I saw.

And so, this is Yellowstone in Winter  A fairyland if I ever saw one.

There is a bright light outside my window.  Could it possibly be the sun?  Enjoy your day filled with all the last minute things that need to be done, with never enough time, but you always manage.

I will be off line tomorrow.  It is Christmas, after all.  Will be attending our Christmas Eve candlelight service tonight.  What a beautiful service.  But for some reason I always find myself tearful as we sing Silent Night by Candlelight.  Take care and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment