Tuesday, December 13, 2011

ONE TURKEY - TWO TURKEYS - THREE TURKEYS - WOW!!!DECEMBER 13 2011......


I believe I have gotten the message.  Everyone loves deep-fried turkey.  Jerry just looked at me last night, shook his head, and headed out to do whatever it is he goes out to do.

And no, I am not losing it.  Well maybe a little bit, but not a big bit.

Before Thanksgiving when turkeys were on sale I bought 2 and an extra one for Christmas.  Was going to buy a fourth one, but would wait until after Thanksgiving.

Daughter Rebecca called just before turkey day.  She had been given a nice big turkey where she works and wanted to know if she could bring it down to my house to have for Christmas.  Great!  I don't have to look for another turkey, just buy the ham.

So we have one frozen turkey in the upright freezer in the family room, and one frozen turkey in the chest freezer in the family room.  They just barely fit as we have half a beef down there that we got in October, and boxes of frozen fish from the guys Alaska fishing trip.  How does anyone get along with just one little freezer?

Son Michael called me yesterday  John (  Mike's friend who is sort of one of my adopted kids) was bringing a turkey, that he had received at work, to Mike so Mike could bring it to me. 

Two big freezers, beef, fish, turkeys, pies, no room, but I decided when Michael got here he would be in charge of where to put the turkey.I guess he found a place, I haven't looked yet.

I AM NOT going out to get another freezer, even a little bitty tiny freezer.  Nada.  No way. No where to put it anyway.  Even the refrigerator int he shop (the hunting bunch have gradually filled the work shop up with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, now a toaster is the newest addition) is full, freezer and all.  One thing for sure, we won't starve anytime soon.



Turkey anyone?

Better get crackin' here, time to leave and take Sam to the Vet.  Haven't decided yet how I am going to sneak her out of the house without Coco breaking his neck to go to.

And so if you don't hear from me tomorrow, I am probably still trying how to figure out whatever it is that I am trying to figure out.  Go figure.  In the meantime, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment