Monday, December 5, 2011

ONE OF THOSE DAYS.....DECEMBER 05 2011


That's right.  One of those days when my mind is completely empty.  Guess it is due to Christmas over-load, or some such thing. 

Quite an exciting Steeler game yesterday.  I think the "real" team has finally arrived.  Hope the game Thursday night is just as good, if not better.  But what about Sunday?  Darn.  Have to watch other teams play.

5 of Jerry's hunting buddies showed up last evening and they sat in the dining room playing poker (not with real money, just the pretend kind) and carried on until well after 10 p.m. 

Why did they leave so early?  Had to be up this morning early, first day of the last week of deer season.  Had to be ready.  Can't oversleep,
might miss the big one. 

I sure can't understand hiking, and standing, and waiting, and standing, and waiting all day long as they do.  But then they can't understand
me, so guess we are even.


Have been working on my calendar for 2012 ... yikes, how can it be 2012 already?  But have to get ready.  Friend Russ called yesterday touching base, discussing what shows we will apply for, hopefully get accepted, the whole nine yards.

I have to start my calendar early so that Jerry knows when I will be gone so he can plan work travels accordingly, when possible, or plan for a dog/house sitter if not possible.  I know I am a pain, but isn't that what I am supposed to be?

Have errands to run this morning, stamps to buy, Christmas card time you know, finish wrapping presents that need shipped so I can get them shipped.  20 days and counting.


Am informing everyone that Christmas dinner will be 2 p.m. instead of our standard 1 p.m.  That is to accommodate those who will be attending Church. 

So, if you are planning on hitting my house (we have never yet turned anyone away) you know what time we will be eating. 

In the meantime do your decorating, baking, wrapping, whatever, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment