Friday, December 9, 2011

IT STARTED YESTERDAY....DECEMBER 09 2011......

Boy could that open a can of worms.  What started yesterday.  Could be lots and lots of stuff.  But, it is the beginning..........

I got my first "call for entries" from the Boston Mills Artfest held in Peninsula Ohio for two weekends in June / July.  You can only apply for one weekend.  This year (2011) I was accepted, did first weekend, would like to try it again.

Only trouble is - you have to be a rocket scientist anymore to be able to complete your application on line, including pictures of what you want to sell.  Not only do you complete this application on line, you have to use ZAPPlication.  That's right.  ZAPP.

What if the application zapps my computer?  Or me?  Or just eats my application, as if it never existed?  Only time will tell.  I have chosen which pictures I will submit for jurying purposes, along with a picture of my booth. Below is one of my booth and one of the others for jurying purposes.



As soon as I have my other "morning necessary" work completed will tackle this application - zapplication- and get it submitted.  then the waiting will begin.  Jurying is done in February.  Why am I submitting so early?  To get it out of the way.  Too easy to lay things aside, they get buried, you don't find them until March.  And March is the month they notify you if you are accepted or not. You missed the boat, again!

Why do applications come out so early?  Because each festival wants the best of the best.
And us best of the best are always looking for good festivals.  So it is a case of first come first served.  Boston Mills is one of the top 20 of eastern United States festivals.  I was surprised, and pleased, to be accepted last year.  Hope I am surprised and pleased again in 2012.

So, applications have started arriving.  Some will be submitted on line, some are received via e-mail, I print them out, and submit them by snail mail, along with CD of what I want juried.  Other applications are received via snail mail, completed and returned snail mail, along with CD.  It seems every year something changes.  Not me, just everything else.

So will sign off here so I can start "zapping" and see what happens.  If you never hear from me again you will know I was the one that got "zapped".  In the meantime enjoy the sun and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment