Sunday, December 11, 2011

TODAY IS ALL ABOUT WREATHS.....DECEMBER 11 2011.......

O.K.  How much can one person say about wreaths?  A wreath is a wreath, isn't it?  Not so!



Every year, since before Andy and Lauri were married, I have received a beautiful wreath from them for my Christmas Gift.  It is always live pine, decorated by Lauri.  When the box arrives, the smell of fresh pine is devine.  Every year the wreath is different.  Am attaching a picture of last year's wreath.  This year's hasn't arrived yet.

Now about a new wreath.  Russ' mother-in-law Kay has done festivals with us from the get-go.  In addition we are good friends.  Kay did crafts, but when her husband John passed away, she kind of downsized a lot, sometimes not even participating in the festivals, but always with Russ and me as a back-up plan.

So a year ago, after Kay had finally sold her last craft items from her supply, Russ decided he would make sure she was kept busy.  Like she has a lot of spare time.

Anyhow he decided on Christmas wreaths, all different, all completely hand-made from natural and organic materials, and Kay found a new job.  Help him decorate the wreaths.

At the Washington County fairgrounds Christmas festival in October the wreath-booth had a wreath on display that drew me immediately.  It was, of all things, purple and white.

A purple and white wreath.  I have always loved that combination, and Martins Ferry High School's colors are purple and white. 



Next thing I knew Russ had made me a purple and white wreath.  Who says Christmas has to be red and green.  After all purple is the color of royalty, and who is more royal than the Christ Child? 

So now I have the purple and white wreath hanging in my dining room, and when Lauri's wreath arrives, it will also be hanging in the dining room.  How neat is that?

When the purple and white wreath is lit, and you are outside on the patio looking in the glass door, and it is dark, WOW! is the only word to describe this wreath.  I will have it for a long long time for my permanent wreath, and I know that for a long long time I will have the live wreath from Lauri and Andy.  How blessed I am.

Well off to Church.  This is the Sunday for our Christmas Cantata, always a beautiful thing to behold.  Son Michael is the narrator, he has the voice to do it with, never needs a microphone, you can always hear him loud and clear.  That's Mike.

So will sign off for now, have a good day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment