Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PREPARATIONS....DECEMBER 07 2011.......

Seems as if I am always preparing for something.  Have a casserole in the oven right now.  Why a casserole this time of day?  Well, after Bible Study today we are having a going-away party for one of my friends, and part of our BS group.  She is moving permanently to Myrtle Beach, where her daughter and family live.  She will be greatly missed.

Preparing for Christmas.  Finished the last of my shopping yesterday, now to finish wrapping, packing and shipping.

Preparing for a Photography Class.  Yes, I do teach photography classes occasionally.  Several local women have asked me to do a class. 

My classes, so I have been told, are fun classes.  I do not teach technical jargon.  Don't have to.  Today's cameras know what to do, you just have to let it know how you want it done.  Sound complicated.  Not.  Really very simple.

My classes consist of 5 areas, and usually cover 2 days. 

First is the introduction and type of class I will be conducting.
Second - Perspective.  What do you see and how do you want it to look?  The following 4 pictures show different perspectives of the same subject.




Third - Your camera, how to use your camera to create your best pictures.
Fourth - Time of day.  What to expect, depending on whether it is morning, afternoon, or evening.
and Fifth - Weather conditions.

Lunch break, then off to a location I have chosen for our photo shoot, which will last all afternoon.  This completes Day 1.

Over the next few days, using each person's memory card, I will download the pics, save them to CD, and edit.

On the second day of class they will again return to my home, where we will show each CD on my computer screen, and I will tell what I liked, what I didn't like, what worked well, what did not work well, you know the drill.  And, of course, during the photo shoot, I am also shooting.  It is fun to look at the same subject, and see it presented in different ways depending on the person taking the picture.   Even I  have learned something from my students.  But best of all, we have fun.  And to me that is what it is all about.

Enough about preparations for today.  I could go on and on and on, but the computer would probably go belly-up on me, and I can't afford to have that happen.  So enjoy your gloomy, cloudy, wet day, rain now, snow later, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment