Thursday, December 8, 2011

GETTING READY.....DECEMBER 08 2011......


For a lot of things.  Clean house.  Don't know why I bother, just have to turn around and clean it again.

Bake cookies - probably won't start until next week.

Pack boxes.  That is on hold until my last presents arrive, don't have a shipping date yet.

Mail said boxes.

Clean house.  Did I already say that?

Didn't get my Christmas letter written to go with some of my cards, so have to get on to that.

Take dogs to vet.  Coco needs nails cut, he won't let Jerry do it, but the girl at the vets office, no problem.  Stupid dog.  Means I have to make the trip.  He just looks at me and grins his doggy grin. Sam just needs a check-up. 

Touch base with my sister for our annual Christmas get-together.  For years we have met and spent a day shopping, starting in the morning, eating lunch, afternoon shopping, eating supper, the, exhausted returning home. 

In the last few years, we met in the morning, shopped, ate lunch, went home.  Now we meet for lunch and have our Christmas exchange. 

She lives in Martins Ferry Ohio, our home town.  I moved across two states to Pennsylvania, but only takes 20 minutes to get back to M.F.

We usually have our exchange a week or so before Christmas, she is the only immediate family I have left.  Our youngest sister, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents are all gone.  

Christmas morning Jerry and I  have our exchange, as when everyone starts arriving it becomes a zoo.  In that way we can concentrate on our guests.

Clean house for real.

Seems as if I had just done all this, and here it is again.  

My merry-go-round never seems to stop. But if it does, I am in trouble.  That is what keeps me going.  Oh yes, still have a photography class to get up and running.  More about that later.

Have I forgotten anything?  I did say clean house didn't I?  If I have forgotten anything you can be sure you will hear about it down the road.  Lucky you.



In the meantime enjoy the cold icy weather, stay warm, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment