Wednesday, May 30, 2012

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT ... WEDNESDAY MAY 30 2012......

Sounds like a scary story doesn't it.  That was last night, also yesterday afternoon, (which was not night, but was part of the day).  The dogs thought it was a dark and stormy night, in the afternoon, which is what it looked and sounded like.

They do not like lightning and thunder.  They are scared to death of lightning and thunder.  I had to run some errands yesterday morning, was beautiful, hot and sunny.  Same as when I arrived home.  Drove in to the garage.  While unloading stuff and putting said stuff away, I heard the dogs start to prance upstairs.  I thought they were happy I was home.  Wrong!!!

Just as I finished I thought I heard thunder, but thought it was my imagination.  (We have no windows in our garage, none at all, so have no idea what is happening outside).

As soon as I went upstairs and opened the door I was mobbed.  Literally.  Had two dogs all over me, jumping up on me, trying to climb me.  Seriously.  That is what they do.  It was lightning and thundering something awful, rain was pouring down, they were terrified.  That is how quickly this storm moved in.

Every time I tried to sit down, both dogs tried to climb into my lap.  Not good.  Not good at all.  Between the two they weigh in the neighborhood of 100#.  We received .69 inches of rain from that storm.  Sorely needed rain.  Cleaned all the dust off of everything.   Maybe I should have opened all my windows and let it blow the dust off of everything in the house.  When I am working outside, the house goes to pot. Literally.

The storm passed.  The dogs became normal dogs again, not shivering, shaking bundles of nerves.  It was safe for me to sit down.

A second storm moved through later in the evening.  Same scenario, but bossman was home and he was the one they wanted to climb.

By the time I called it a day, we had received just under 1 inch of rain.  Today the dogs are just laying around.  They are completely worn out from the storms of yesterday. 

We had no damage around here, but there were lightning strikes close, as the thunder was shaking the house as the lightning was lighting up the sky.  I did see on the news last night that some areas had wind damage, hail, just nasty stuff.  We were fortunate, again.

As I said - It Was A Dark And Stormy Night.  I hope none of you out there had any damage, that your big brave watch dogs didn't try to climb you, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment