Tuesday, May 29, 2012

STILL HOT...TUESDAY MAY 29 2012.....


Alaska 2008 - can't believe it has been 4 years.  Those glaciers look pretty good right about now.    This was the week in Alaska.  the remainder of the group joined us when we boarded the cruise ship to return to Vancouver.

Hopefully we will get some rain today, and it will cool it off.  We are really dry right now.  The forecast for the weekend is considerably cooler, just in the low 70's.  Sure hope they are right, as the Strawberry festival is an outdoor festival.  Don't need hot weather!

Don't need any humongous storms or heavy rain or lots of wind.  Not fun when you are in a tent.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

First holiday of the season has come and gone.  Next is 4th of July. Six weeks after that is Labor Day, and the summer has come and gone.  Maybe not the heat, but the freedom.  From school.  For the kids, as most of them will have returned to school before the holiday. 

All summer shows, from this coming weekend until the last two weekends in October, are outdoor shows, and with the exception of Oglebayfest,  and Y Bridge, I have to put up my tent.  Not fun.  Not at all.  That is when I wonder why I am doing this. 

Y Bridge puts up beautiful big tents, and Oglebayfest gives you the option of your own tent or in one of theirs.  That is a no-brainer.  I will chose theirs any time, any where, even if it means a few dollars more for your entry fee.  If I am counting right, that means I will have to erect my tent 5 more times.  Yes, I am definitely nuts.

But I am a friendly nut.  At least I think so.  Two weeks from today and counting.  Ireland here I come.  So much to look forward to, then it is time, then it is over, and then it seems it never happened.  Going to be a very busy month.

On top of all that is going on, Dave and Linda fly in from Arizona for their month here with us.  They arrive two weeks from today.  I will be flying out and they will be flying in.  But they will be here until July 3rd, so will get to spend some time with them when I get home. 

Dave and Linda are both country kids and Dave loves to come home and help Jerry around the farm.  You can't be a farmer in Phoenix.  I know Bossman will keep them well-fed, well-entertained, well-busy, you name it, they will be doing it.

Guess I had better sign off, as there is much to do before I leave Thursday for Troy Ohio.  Try to stay cool, don't over-do, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment