Monday, May 14, 2012

MONDAY MORNING BLUES....MAY 15 2012....

Maybe I should say "grays", as it is just gray outside.  Not actually raining, just gray, gloomy, grungy.  Just you could say it is the "three g's"

Need to haul mulch, not sure weather to get everything out and get started or not.  Needs to be done.  But not in the rain. What is done looks really good, makes the rest look really nasty.  I only have until Thursday to finish as I leave for Morgantown early Friday morning for the first festival of the year.  Getting my feet wet, sort of, after almost 6 months off.

 Even the dogs are lazy today.  Don't say as how I blame them.  

One funny thing, I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon - I didn't have time before because of the mulching - so decided since it was raining a good time for a food run.

Got home, had 4 missed messages from son Andy in Maine and 1 missed message from daughter in Scenery Hill (for you who don't know, Scenery Hill is just about  40 minute drive from me).  Returned Andy's call first, for some reason folks get bent out of shape when I am supposed to be home and am not.  I guess he even called daughter Rebecca in S.H. to see if she knew where I was.  Which she didn't.

Called her next, everyone now knows I am alive, well, not lost, just buying food.  

But I know I am the lucky one.  My kids do try to keep tabs on me, always call, visit whenever possible, and keep me posted on their comings and goings.  It was a good Mother's Day, with dinner out, cards and phone calls.

I remember, when growing up, my Grandmother, and my friends Grandmothers, were all little old ladies, usually sitting in a rocking chair, or some such thing, stay-at-home folks doing stay-at-home things.  I guess I just don't fit the pattern. 

Or maybe I am re-arranging the way Grandmothers are supposed to act.  I know my way is lots more fun than the used-to-be way.

So enjoy your gloomy gray grungy day, think positive thoughts, try to keep your kids off balance, and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment