Saturday, May 26, 2012

RHUBARB...SATURDAY MAY 26 2012......
Sam and Coco look pretty good right now.

And then there is Rhubarb.  I am sure you all know what rhubarb is.  If not, I am not going into a long winded explanation.  Just that, in my book, there are two kinds of rhubarb - the pucker- up-your mouth kind, and the -  I-want- another kind.

When you cook rhubarb, doesn't matter how much sugar you use, it is still pucker-up-your-mouth eating.

When you make rhubarb cake - it is definitely the I-want-another-piece kind of eating.

I have had my rhubarb cake recipe for longer than I can remember, don't know anymore who gave it to me.  I just know that every Memorial Day cookout for years and years we have had rhubarb cake. 

Since rhubarb is a seasonal veggie, unless you buy the frozen, you only get it in the spring.

I DID learn a long time ago, you never never never tell anyone the name of rhubarb cake until after they have eaten it, with a big glob of cool whip on top.  Once they have eaten one piece, they discover that one piece is definitely not enough.  Seconds, sometimes thirds.

If they know in advance it is rhubarb cake, they absolutely refuse to even taste it.  I guess it is a mind thing.

Anyhow, rhubarb cake is on the menu for our cookout tomorrow.  Along with a lot of other goodies.  In fact most of today will be spent in food prep for tomorrow. 

Travel safely, grill safely, stay where it is cool, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment