Tuesday, August 7, 2012

AS I SIT AT MY COMPUTER

AND WONDER WHAT I AM GOING TO TALK ABOUT....AUGUST 07 2012....

Something my daughter-in-law Tammie said to me just after I got home from the hospital came to mind.

She told my that I have such a busy life, done so many things, seen so many things, I should start another book, beginning with earliest childhood memories.

I didn't pay too much attention, but the thought keeps coming back.  The changes I have seen, and actually lived through.  Over 3/4 of a century.  Perhaps I will think it through.  Perhaps.

Also had phone call from son Andy in Maine.  Since Nancy and I had to cancel our September trip up there, they are coming home for the week.

Lauri, my other daughter-in-law wanted to let me know that if she is to make her special home-made spaghetti sauce, I jolly well better have my kitchen done.   She is not going to cook all day in a cast iron kettle over an open fire.  Can't imagine why not.  She can do anything  - and I DO mean anything.  That should be a piece of cake for her.

Son Mike came by last night and installed a safety bar for the 4 steps where there is no railing.  As I have been going up and down several times a day, this makes it much more secure for me, and everyone else using these steps.  Tammie also sent over some home-made stew which we will have for supper tonight.

Rebecca checks on me several times a week to make sure I am behaving.  Guess she knows that I am not real god following orders.  Bossman informed me last night that the walls pay more attention to him than I do.  I told him (they are cement block) they were full of holes, therefore could absorb more.  He just shakes his head and keeps on going.  Poor guy.

Then Linda in Arizona calls every Sunday.  We had to laugh, as Jerry's cousin who lives just an hour away in Ohio, called her to make sure I was doing o.k.

I have also had many many calls from friends, along with cards, and I realize how blessed I have been with family and friends.

And so, I have gone from nothing to say to probably too much.  I guess it beats talking about my non-workers working in my non-kitchen.  Sure hope it is finished before Lauri arrives. They definitely DO NOT want her to ask what the problem is.

Everyone enjoy the nice weather and God Bless.







No comments:

Post a Comment